Friday, January 22, 2010

Odds and ends

I thought this was appropriate for my mood tonight. I'm feeling humble. I'm also feeling that I need to spend some quality time on my knees because I just can't do this alone. I need peace, I need calm.

There really hasn't been much of anything going on this week. Work is getting longer and longer and I'm getting disgusted. Been having such a hard time sometimes sleeping at night. I go to bed at my usual time and sleep for about 2 maybe 3 hours, then I'm awake until like 5 or 6 am. I can feel myself trying to relax and sleep around that time, but I can't always relax enough to sleep. Then the alarm goes off at 8 am and it's time to get up. Last night was the third night this week and I'm tired and miserable because of it. I've tried taking something to help me sleep, but it doesn't seem to work.

We had gone over a friends house for dinner Tuesday night, which was a lot of fun. We got to talking about Internet connections and she was telling me that they only have so many bytes they can use per day for their Internet. This becomes a problem because there's usually 3 of them going online. We have a wireless connection and unlimited access, so I told her to bring her laptop over and they can download movies and whatnot. Wednesday night I get a call from her that they are coming over. Ok, fine. Bible study was cancelled because the driveways were to icy. They get here and she tells me they were sitting in my driveway that morning trying to download stuff, but the lost their charge on the laptop and couldn't finish, lol. I asked her why she didn't ring the door bell and come inside and plug the laptop in and finish downloading. She said they didn't want to interrupt me while I was getting ready for work. Wouldn't have bothered me none. So I leave to go to work this morning and I see this blue van sitting in my driveway in front of my car. I'm wondering who's sitting out there. When I look at the van the driver looks at me and waves. Then I realized it was them! Sitting out there downloading again, lol! I asked her why they didn't come inside. She said they would only be a few minutes. I told her if they need a charge to go inside and plug it in, every one's sleeping. Not going to disturb anyone. Maybe give them a good scare, that's all. That gave me a good laugh this morning!

It's been mild here and sunny. I've been tying to get outside in the sunshine as much as I can. The lady I take care of always has her front door closed, the blinds all closed, and then turns the lights on! Makes me crazy!!!!! Nothing I like better than opening the blinds during the day and letting the sunlight in. Makes me feel better. Later in the week though it's supposed to get back into the 20's again. I want to soak up as much sunshine as I possibly can.

I believe tomorrow is the last day hubby's doing his shopping. I took all the price tags off everything tonight and sorted his new clothes from the clothes he bought for other people. He told me not to pack everything because when he gets there, this family opens his suitcases and everyone just starts grabbing what they want. He gets confused as to what he brought for who, so he has to put every one's names on everything. That's his job. He's picking up a suitcase he's borrowing from a cousin while we're out tomorrow. He's getting all ready to leave and still doesn't have a ticket yet. Was supposed to get it earlier in the week. Now he's getting miserable because he won't be able to go to the wedding he said he was going to. The way I see it, he never should have made plans to go without knowing when he was leaving. Now he's saying he has to be there by Feb 6 because that's when his sister has her final interview, and he has to drive her there. Again , don't make plans unless you know when you're leaving. It's not like we live a few hours away, we're talking half way around the world here. Sometimes I seriously wonder just what's between that man's ears.

I have knitting to work on. Haven't touched it hardly at all this week. I think the most work I got done on it was last night at knitting! Maybe that will take my mind off things and I can relax enough to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.