Friday, January 8, 2010

This and that

So, this is what I have been seeing out my window, all day today. For the most part it's not accumulating much, just, what I would call, flurries. When I left work today it was snowing much harder and the flakes were big ones. Instead of doing the food shopping, I headed home. We aren't going to starve, but since I was in town the thought crossed my mind. Called hubby after I got home and gave him the good news and the bad news and convinced him to go food shopping with me over the weekend.
The good news was our health care coverage was renewed for another year. I wasn't sure it was going to. The bad news was I now have to pay a monthly electric bill. The year before I did a budget for the electric and I had over paid enough that this past year I had no electric bill. That was really nice! Have to check with the company and see if I can do a budget for this year. I like budgeting the bills, I find it easier, especially when hubby is away.

In my rush to get out the door this morning I forgot to get something out for dinner tonight. I have absolutely nothing fast for dinner. I wanted to make chili, but the ground turkey is frozen. Thought of making sloppy Joe's, again frozen meat. Asked the youngest to thaw the meat and make dinner, he whined and complained he doesn't like either one, so fine. I'll find my own dinner and they are on their own. Longer work hours are coming for me, don't know what they are going to eat every night. Better not be expecting me to cook for them every day before work.


Hubby's sisters husband was supposed to be back yesterday. He's stranded in the airport in India because of the fog. No flights in or out. He was saying maybe 2 or 3 days. Would not want to be in his place right now.



I have tons of stuff I need to get done over the weekend. Guess while I'm at it I should plan a week of meals, then maybe I won't have this nothing to make night. I do like having everything all planned, just so time consuming I think.
Going to go scramble some eggs for myself for dinner and then back to the books and the planning.





No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.