Can you tell the snow's coming back?? We are getting that wintry mix. Right now it's snowing, quite hard. Later into the night it's supposed to turn to rain and freezing rain. Then early in the morning back to snow. If the temps drop like predicted, that rain will become ice. Snow on top of ice. Wonderful. I've already kissed the ground butt first this season. How? Walking on snow with ice under it while clearing the car off. In my mind I'm ready for Spring, but the calender says I have a few more months before that happens :)
Yesterday was a really nice day. It was mild enough to just wear a sweatshirt outside. So we did. Lots of sun to. First thing we did was take the car to get it washed. It's actually shiny now, even the hubcaps. Of course, that's why it's messing today and tomorrow. And the end of the week. But, seems everyone had the same thought because the car wash was was packed, even the self-service. I'm lazy I use the automatic one. And I had a $5 off coupon that expires at the end of the month. Have a few more in my purse to use, so maybe I'll be able to get the car through 2 more times. See what the weather decides to do.So yesterday was the big shopping day. We left around noon and got home after 6pm. The youngest got his new computer that he wanted for his birthday. He had to pay half though. We got most of the stuff on hubby's list taken care of yesterday. I've been slowly buying stuff and setting is aside to. I usually take care of the women and he does the men, lol. He never buys for the women. He's borrowed one suitcase from his cousin. That suitcase came with a special "gift." It came with a mouse. The suitcase has been in my trunk for about a week. Yesterday the boys went out to get the suitcase out and found some of the shopping bags, the plastic container that holds the bungee cords in, all holes eaten in them. I know the mouse came from the suitcase because I'm in my trunk on a regular basis. I never put any shopping bags in my back seat or front seat unless I'm going right home.
So the boys tell me about the mouse. I tell them to empty the trunk out and see if they can find it. They found it all right!! Under the spare tire, squished. Good, that's what it gets for trying to make a home in my trunk!! I'm just glad I found it before the warmer temps got here. That smell would have made me crazy! Even hubby said the mouse probably came from his cousins suitcase, lol.
Now my sofa in the living room is full of hubby's bags. All of them. As we brought them in last night whatever was his just went right to the sofa. We did a little food shopping while we were out to. Of course, he took the kid he works with along and his cousins son. They were hungry so we went to dominos for pizza. Hubby said he was told their pizza is really good now. I do like the sauce, but the seasoning they put around the outside of the crust, not crazy about. I thought it was to salty, but I use very little salt so I taste it right away. The youngest also commented about the crust being to salty, so I know it wasn't just me. It was ok, but I like my regular place better.
We went to church this morning, even hubby. For once it wasn't so hot in there I was ready to melt. Hubby kept his jacket on because he said he was cold, lol. Next weekend is the last weekend we have and then he's off to India. I told him this morning was the last time he would be in church before he left. I wonder if I can get him to to next week to. Hmm, have to give it a try. He wants to go to see his other cousin who lives about an hour away next weekend. I don't want to go. I told him I would rather spend Saturday helping him pack and getting the last minute things and seeing his cousin, who lives closer, for a suitcase. By the time we do all that, the day will be done and it will be time for him to go to work anyway. He said something about maybe going during the week. For me to go that's out. I have to give 2 weeks notice for time off. He thought maybe he could get someone to take him. The other option was to go when I get home from work, but that would make a really late night and we could only stay for a few hours anyway. I don't like visiting people who live far away during the week, that's my time to do what needs to be done and get ready for the next work day. I find it very stressful. Friday is the only weekday that I'm not stressed. I'm relaxed because there's no rush to hurry up and get things done and off to bed to start the next day. That extra hour of sleep means a lot to me, lol!The beginning of January I started reading the Bible every day. I'm reading it chronologically. I've already finished the book of Job in my reading though. I find Job a very hard book to understand without constantly referring back to something or consulting a commentary. I remember when I was a teenager reading that book and couldn't wait to get through it and on to the next.
We went to Peebles because hubby wanted some nice jeans. I had seen a coat I really liked last week which was half price. This week it's half price and an additional 20% off. I tried it on and really liked it, but it's not what I really had in mind. I do have a good coat I wear to church and stuff. I saw this jacket that was quilted on the outside and fur lined on the inside. Not real bulky either like the other one. This one was also half price plus the 20% off. And it's reversible and waterproof. That's what I came home with. I have a leather coat which I wear when it's really cold outside. The other coat I wear when it's not so frigid, but the air seems to go right through it. This coat is warm, warmer than the other one I've been wearing. It's like the jacket had my name on it. My size and all. And the only one there. I get to try it out tomorrow for work. By the end of the night it was cold so I had it on for a little while once the sun went down.
Well, dinner's ready so I'm off to eat.

1 comment:
Its interesting to read about your inter-racial - cultural and faith life Madison.
My sis bought us Dominos pizzas, they are cheats. They overcharge - there is hardlany topping on the pizzas, just crust.
Post a Comment