Monday, September 28, 2009

Blah Monday

Today seems to be shaping up to be one of those "gggrrrrr" days. Most everything is irritating me today. Did a little food shopping after work and some "me" shopping. As I was leaving work it was starting to rain, but the sun was out. The closer I got into town I noticed a very faint rainbow. It was really pretty because it was stretched over the highway. It looked like you were driving right under it. Of course, by the time I was finished shopping, the sky was dark and it was raining pretty hard. The closer I got to my house, the less it was raining. The sun has been peeking in and out, but I know the later it gets the more rain we will be getting.

Was out in the garden yesterday, during the brief dry spell we had and noticed all my basil is brown. Guess it can't tolerate any cool temps at all. The other herbs are all still ok, but I really need to get them inside to dry or freeze, and soon! No time today, maybe tomorrow, depending on the weather.

We finally got our wireless router working and hooked up, so the boys (and myself) have been having fun on the ipods with it. I discovered I can go on facebook and check my emails from work. Cool! Finally something to keep me occupied while my lady sleeps, lol. She's a nocturnal person, goes to bed around 6-7 am. I arrive at 11 am, so if she falls asleep, I don't wake her. She usually wakes up around 1pm but really isn't functioning until I'm ready to leave. Oh well, things will change when her daughter comes for her visit again. Usually she will leave me a list of things she wants done. Works for me!

I've decided tonight is going to be a tv night, no class simply because I don't feel like it. I'm where I need to be so I can afford to not study tonight, just can't let this become a habit. I feel like I just need to veg some. Spent all day Saturday home resting. Sunday I was feeling much better. Hubby decided he wanted to go visit the new wally world. Oh joy! It's ok, but I'm not a fan. We did do some food shopping while there and the prices are pretty good. Didn't buy any meat, didn't even look at the meat because a friend of mine told me their meats aren't any good. Why look then. Hubby bought new boots for the winter and then decided I needed another house plant. Like I need another one! But he got me a really pretty one, the center of all the leaves are red. Some were pink and some red, I thought for sure he would get me the pink one since everything he buys me is pink, but he chose a red one this time. I'll have to take a pic of that when I take a pic of the scarf I finished Friday.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

You folks sound a lot like us, and that makes me feel included. Sharon had congestive heart failure today and I took her to the ER, but now she is home resting with new meds.
I like your family oriented blog!

Hugs,
Tom S
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.