Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Protest

Today I found myself, along with a few other coworkers at the capitol protesting the mandatory H1N1 immunizations. Normally, this is not something I would do, but................... so many of us feel strongly about how wrong this really is. Don't know if this will change anything, but at least we tried. We have until November 30 to get the immunizations or lose our jobs. Funny how they timed this, right before the holidays. This state is the only state, so far, to make this immunization mandatory. So far. My whole problem with this is the fast that there hasn't been enough time to thoroughly study the effects and the manufacturers can not be held responsible for any adverse reactions. That in itself says a whole lot. Hubby and I have been discussing this and he finally understands my position on this. Not to mention the fact that why does a state think they have the right to force this. All health care workers practice universal precautions on a daily basis. I know everyone thinks the hand sanitizers are great but when it comes to H1N1, they don't work. H1N1 is passed by spores and the only way to kill the spores is by hand washing. Back to the basics anyway.


As for the flu shot, whatever. So I spend all winter down with numerous colds which turn into bronchitis, at least I know how I react to that.

So for now, time and prayer on this.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.