Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rain, rain go away

I believe it has rained here every day for the entire week! All these clouds and dampness is not doing anything to improve my mood, lol. It's rained off and on all day today. Temp wise it's not to bad, except the humidity is on the high side which gives it a tropical feel. Can't get into Fall with a tropical feel outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry and warmer than normal. Then later in the week back into the cooler temps. Hubby has been complaining all week about wanting the heat on in the house. Told him not yet, to early. We did get the electric heater out of the shed and put it in the sun room, since that room has no heat in it. That made him feel a bit better.


Last night he was complaining about not feeling well. This morning he's complaining about a sore throat and coughing and having a runny nose. Guess I gave him what I had this time last week! Well, what are wives for................... He's not to bad yet so I gave him the stuff I was taking so maybe it won't get to bad. I was only feeling like crap for 2 days with it, but I did get to rest some. Needless to say, he won't be going to church with me tomorrow.


The plan for today was to just relax and do mostly nothing. Well, came close. I cleaned the kitchen really well and put some Fall decorations out in the sun room. Did some shopping online, dropped my timesheet off at work and bought some movies. It's been such a long time since I bought movies, was really disappointed because the selection wasn't good. Did get Slumdog Millionare. I've seen this movie and absolutely loved it. I've wanted hubby to watch it with me one weekend. Our local movie store is discontinuing renting movies so I'm going to have to look into Netflix. The ads I've been seeing for it the monthly price has gone down, so we'll see. It's either that or we upgrade the dish service.


So now that the laundry is almost done for the day I'll be able to sit and watch tv and do some more knitting. I've finally gotten in the mood again, good thing to since knitting starts back up in about 2 weeks. This is my weekend off from the books. I'm already to start another chapter come Monday and going to try really hard to get this week organized and back into the old routine. Don't know why that's been so hard lately. The desire is there, but the motivation just isn't. I get home from work and I'm so tired most days that I don't want to do anything, including cooking, lol. And I'm not spending my entire weekend doing housework, especially since the oldest doesn't go to school until the afternoon and they both are home an hour and a half before me. Gonna have to get the boys in line to, lol!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Too much of damp rainy weather can get you down. We 've not had enough so whatever we get is appreciated. Today was dry after 2 days of rain. The temps down a bit.

I think Diwali falls on Oct. 18 or 19th.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.