Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I think Fall has arrived

It's rather chilly today! I finally turned the heat on this week. It's been cloudy and rainy and just all around damp, so been turning it on in the mornings to get the chill out of the house. It's been staying on overnight though. Today started out cloudy, then sunny by the time I left for work. Still sunny when I left, but the closer I got to my house, the cloudier it got. And cooled off a lot to! I believe I heard the rest of the week is supposed to be cooler than normal.

Spent most of my afternoon running errands. By the time I finally got home it was well after 5 pm. I had gotten meat out to dethaw so I had to cook it, but dinner was really late tonight. While dinner was in the oven I finally started on my closet in my bedroom. I've been digging for some longer sleeved tops and just kind of leaving a mess, pushed off to one corner. Add to that the mounds of laundry I did over the weekend and never put away, the bedroom was getting to be quite a mess. I couldn't stand it anymore so I got a few shelves switched around, some light sweaters and long sleeved tops out, the sleeveless tops, shorts, and capri's are mostly (I hope) put away. Got a few hoodies out to. Put all hubby's short sleeved work shirts away and pulled the long sleeved ones where he can get to them. I'll get a call tomorrow if he can't find them, lol.

Hubby's been battling a cold for over a week now. He went to the doc today because he was complaining so badly about this throat being so sore I wanted him checked for strep. It's not, according to the test, but at least we know. I think his immune system is really off because he was getting over a slight cold and then got hit with a worse one. I've been looking into things to boost his immune system. Think he's gonna need it this winter.

That's it for now, getting late and I really need to relax if I'm going to sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Maybe it's my German-American blood or the Army, but I don't think I have had a 'cold' for 30 some years... lol. but then, not to brag, I am an herbalist for the last 35 years and have studied them forever. For sore throat, flu, colds, I, personally would take the capsules: Capsicum, Garlic, GINGER, Vit C, and Colloidal Silver liquid with clean water or fruit juices. Sorry-- I regret that I STILL cannot find anything to help my obesity.

Hugs,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70
Jesus is Lord

Lucy said...

Hope you don't get snow. I don't think we have seen the sun for 2 weeks. Gets really depressing.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.