Here's hubby rolling the Gulab Jamun into balls. I mixed everything together and it was his job to actually fry them. I made the sugar syrup while he was doing that.Saturday was Diwali. It's a Hindu celebration in India. Basically, all hubby's family here does is make special foods and sometime visit. We had a few people over yesterday and I made the food.
As hubby was frying them he tells me that you can buy them premade in the Indian food store. I kind of figured that but the Indian food store is over an hour away for us, and nobody was going so I figured we would give them a try ourselves.
Well, ok, blogger for some reason doesn't want me to post any more pics so I'll do it another time. I made Ras Malia which is another Indian sweet and I don't recommend making this at home. It. Takes. Forever!!!!!!! Seriously, over an hour in the microwave just to thicken the milk, and I myself am not really crazy about it. Hubby loved it and knew exactly what it was when he saw it. He said he had it before in a restaurant. Well, he'll only get it in a restaurant again to, lol!! We had Chicken Tikka Masala and Zeera Aloo Dum. I've always loved the chicken, and the Zeera Aloo Dum is a potato dish. Not crazy about that one either but it was that or some stuffed potato dish , Stuffed Aloo Tikki , and the Zeera just sounded easier, lol. So, that was Saturday. Marinated the chicken Friday night and made the Ras Malia on Friday to so Saturday there wasn't much to put together.
It was cloudy and cool Saturday so staying home and cooking was fine with me.
Today was cold, damp and rainy. What a weekend this has been. Made it to Church but have to say my instinct was to just crawl back in bed and get some more sleep. Did not want to get up. But I did, and found my avon lady on my doorstep not soon after. She goes to the same church as me and was going to Sunday school first. I don't do Sunday school simply because I love my sleep more. Sad, but true. If Sunday school was after Church, then I probably would get there, but getting up around 2:30 am to get hubby and then getting up a few hours later, well, just doesn't work to well for me.
I've decided that this week we will be going to all outside activities. That means Bible study on Wednesday and knitting for me on Thursday. Notice I say that now? Last week was the first knitting class and I missed it. I really wanted to get the stuff together for hubby's holiday and did the food shopping on Thursday, so no knitting. No Bible study because no car. The car is still not fixed. Not saying any more on that. Just more stress.
So, I enrolled in class for the next, who knows how many years, today, lol. Since I'm graduating (hopefully) in December I wanted to start right in again in January. Just taking a short break. Going to need it. What I did was lay out my plans for a Bachelors and Masters. Was glad I did it at the time but boy, am I feeling overwhelmed about it now. Locked in to two years of payments. Maybe that's whats so overwhelming for me, so I know it will take a few years to get through all of this, but I'll just keep going and take breaks as I need them. Since everything is done online, I have no real end date. Which is ok, but still I don't want to be at this for 10 years either! Unless I'm working on my thesis, that I could handle. Maybe.
The thing that really gets me is I just added more work for myself, to my already over scheduled self. I've decided that the boys just have to help out more. Just have to. I can't keep doing everything and working and everything else. I have talked to hubby about my not working but he gets stressed about that to. My only other option would be to take a client with fewer hours. But, I promised this client that I would stay. I hadn't planned on so much school at the time. To top everything off, I got a letter from work with a list of in services I have to attend to meet my in service requirement for the year. One in service every month until the end of the year. Starting this month. Oh joy!
I heard on my local news that there are three cases being brought against the state about the mandatory H1N1 vaccinations. As of Friday a judge has temporarily suspended the mandatory vaccinations until the next hearing which is October 30. Ok, so just might keep my job after all. Of course, losing my job would alleviate some stress, but would bring about a different kind of stress. Feels like a lose, lose situation. Hubby was ok with my not working for a year, but I'm thinking what happens after a year and I still have no job? Personally I would like to quit and concentrate solely on school, but don't see that happening, especially with hubby's upcoming trip to India in a few months. Trying to put all of this in God's hands and not even think about it. Needing to work on that................


1 comment:
your pictures have put me in the mod to trying them at home too.
For the Ras malai you can thicken the milk on the stove too.
Post a Comment