Saturday, October 24, 2009

Damp, rainy, and miserable

My mood is fast becoming like the weather today, lol. Kids are giving me a hard time this morning and I'm just not in the mood for it. Really wanted to stay in bed and veg, but had to get my hair trimmed, so up I went. I like the way she did it this time, seemed like I was in and out in no time to.

Anyway, the youngest senior pics have been sitting on my desk for a few weeks and I can no longer ignore them. I have to order by the end of next weekend. I've glanced at them and I, as much as I hate to say this, I don't like any of them. I'm just not happy with them. Period. Last year we went to the photographer that the school uses and did the pics. We made an appt, did the changes of clothes thing and I really liked the poses, the pics and the photographer. I was happy with them. The oldest went along with what I wanted.
Even the prices weren't to bad.


This year the youngest didn't want to do all that. Originally, what he told me was he just wanted to take a pic here at home and submit it for the yearbook. Well, ok, if that's what you really want, then I will order the school pictures. Didn't get the school pics for the oldest last year, didn't see the need.

So that was the agreement. I pick the package I want for the youngest for his school pics and tell him he needs to start thinking about his senior pic. The day of the school pics he never gives the money for the pics. HE decided he didn't want them! GGGRRRRRRR!! He then said his teachers told him to use the other photographer the school is using for senior pics because there's more options available. Well. you pay for options, ya know. All I really want is one 8x10 and some wallets. That's it. I don't give a lot of pictures out and my mother recently sent all the school pics of the boys I gave to her over the years, back to me so why bother giving her anything. We haven't spoken since June and she sent the pics even before we stopped talking. Fine, whatever.

Now the deadline for the senior pics is the end of the month and I have to do something. He took 4 poses and I really don't like anything. One pose I absolutely hate. The others are ifie. Not only that I have to spend more money than I did last year, and on something I'm not happy with. There's no time to make any changes. I told the youngest, if he would have done what I wanted in the first place he wouldn't be having a problem with me. Now, I'm stuck on spending money on something I don't like or want.

He doesn't see the need for senior pics anyway. He doesn't understand that this is the last set of pics I'll ever get of him while in school. So it's a butt heads day with the youngest. I showed hubby the prices of the pic pkgs, which is really cheaper, since ordering just what I want will cost close to $100.00. Can't see paying that when for a few dollars more I can get more. Even though I don't want it. Hubby just told me to order what I wanted. I know he wasn't paying much attention to me because I told him I wanted the $600.00 pkg and he said ok! I'll wait until tomorrow and sit down with him when I have his full attention. That will give me time to stop growling about these pics and just get it over and done with.

The rest of the day I have to spend getting caught up with class. Did some last night, but it was my stopping time before I knew it, so the rest is for today and Monday. I've been stopping class work at 9 pm. So far, so good. If I go later than that I seem to spend the night thinking about things and not getting much sleep. Stopping and watching tv and knitting for a while seems to clear my head and relax me.

Gonna have some lunch, close the door on the family and see how much I can get accomplished today, lol.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Well you 're gonna have a good day today Brenda, forget about yesterday.

Goga is funny.

$100 is too much for us. Could get the job done with 20 $ here .
You can 't avoid these expenses I suppose.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.