Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a mild day


Such a pretty day today. Temps are close to the 70's. All of last week had me digging out the sweaters, sweatshirts and long sleeve tops and this week, it's back to t-shirts! But, today is the last day of the mild weather. Or so the weatherman tells me. Back down into the 50's, lower 50's by the beginning of next week.
Knitting is tonight and I've decided I'm not going. Not that I don't want to, I do, just other things are more important. Went to Bible study last night and had a great time. Very interesting and walked out with lots to think about. Didn't get any school work done, started checking out a few things from the night before, and time just got away from me. By the time I looked at the clock it was time to start dinner. Hot dogs, quick dinner. The plan today was to put something in the crock pot but, had trouble getting out of bed this morning. Yup, it's Thursday, I start slowing down after Wednesday. So tonight I have to finish what I started last night and then work on what I have planned for tonight. I didn't plan much for these nights, but it's looking like if I go out on these nights, I can't plan anything. My goal of being done with school by 9 pm is working. By 10 pm, I'm ready for bed.
Tomorrow's a busy work day. Have all the errands and shopping to do UGH!! Don't like doing it all on the same day. But, I'll do the errands before I see my lady, I'll arrive later than normal, and she liked the option of sleeping later to, lol. She doesn't go to bed until between 5 and 7 am. I arrive at 11 am. Not much sleep for her. She was telling me she didn't get to bed until after 7 am today. I knew she was exhausted, but all she wanted to do was talk, so I let her talk it all out. With any luck tomorrow will go fast, work anyway, and then my 3-day weekend will start. Really looking forward to that. Monday, all to myself. It's more a mental health day than anything else. No plans except to use my time wisely.
Hubby has been asking me if we could celebrate our anniversary on Saturday instead of Sunday. I keep telling him no. He keeps telling me Saturday is easier for his cousin because he has to get up at 6 am with his kids on Monday morning. I still keep telling him no and I'm not backing down. I know full well his cousin gets his kids off to school and crawls back into bed. The man never made it downstairs before until 9 am at the earliest, without his kids. It's probably noon now with his kids!
Well, break time is over for me and back to the books!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I have my own reason for not liking facebook and that is it makes me nervous, I am to old for all that stuff. I have no school friends that I would want to hook up with. I will be 80 next month and I bet there are few friends left. But whoever likes it that is good for me. I have been trying for 2 years and it just makes me to nervous.

Amrita said...

Hi Brenda, glad you are enjoying the pleasant weather. Its snowing in NB, Canada where my sister lives.

I almost bought a packet of Gulab Jamun mixture in a store today. I will get it when we are hosting a home Bible study

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.