This is the Ras Malia, another Indian sweet. The one that took forever to make!!
Zeera Aloo Dum. The Indian potatoes. I wasn't crazy about it, don't know what anyone else thought of it, but they all ate it.
Nothing special, just rice to put the Chicken Tikka Masala over, which I don't seem to have a picture of :( Thought I got everything. Have to look through all the pics again and make sure they downloaded.Well, so far tonight I've gotten my desk and the area around it organized. All stray papers filed away, notebooks and books all in the same place, the books I need for school all in the same room. That was a major accomplishment in itself since I have two bookcases and they usually ended up out in the living room on that.
Now, I have to actually start working on my class. Did a few errands after work and went to see hubby and had a nice chat with him. Our anniversary is on Sunday and I told him he has two choices as far as work is concerned. One, work daytime and be done by around 4 pm or so and two, take the whole day off. No other option will be considered, lol. All the years past we've had to celebrate either before our anniversary or after. Whatever was more convenient for his cousin who he works with. Nothing I hate more than going out for anniversary dinner at 2 pm and rushing so he can go to work. Not happening this year. He was saying since our anniversary is on a Sunday why not celebrate it on Saturday. Told him no. He said his cousin has to get up at 6 am to get his kids off for school. Geez, it's not like he's the only person to get up early to get kids off to school and then go to work!! Told hubby no, I didn't care how inconvenient this is for his cousin. There are three people working the station, can't see why someone can't change their schedule for one day! The kid who works there goes away for 2 and 3 days at a time for his break. I think hubby is entitled to some time with his wife. And I'm not even demanding a whole day off either, just the night. Since it's Sunday and I want to go to Church, that leaves all afternoon and evening. I want to go out for dinner, at dinner time, and then come home and watch Slumdog Millionare with hubby. These are no major plans just something that we have never done since we've been married because he has ALWAYS been working nights. Can you tell the stubborn attitude has set in, lol??
I was giving school some thought today and I realized what was/is bothering me so much is the dissertations. The masters program consists totally of research. We were given a list of topics, which you had to choose a minimum of 12. I think there was like 15 or so to choose from. Each topic we have to write a dissertation for. For me that's 13 of them!! Feel the stress yet, lol? Anyway, I realized that just because I'm facing all of that doesn't mean I have to rush through all of that like I do my life. I can slow down, and take my time. I have all the time in the world to do this. The only deadline I have is the one I set for myself. I've been repeating this to myself all day. Sure hope I was listening, lol. Now that I have a calmer attitude I'm hoping to sleep tonight. Went to bed way later than I wanted to last night and had such a hard time falling sleep. Woke up feeling like I ran a marathon all night. Tonight I'm done with school by 9 pm, no matter how much or little I've gotten done. I need to spend at least an hour before I got to bed doing something relaxing. I'm thinking I'll do some reading. Got a few new Beverly Lewis books. They should relax me and turn my mind off. I hope.
The youngest made dinner tonight. We WERE having chicken breast sandwiches with french fries. The kid didn't watch the chicken so they are very brown, but not burnt. However, they are so hard, like break your teeth hard, so it's french fries for dinner tonight! I have some leftover green beans from last night, that will probably be my dinner tonight. The one night I get focused on school and that's the night the kid chooses to mess up dinner. Kids!!
3 comments:
Wow Brenda n this is great. I love RRas Malai.Don't know hown to make it. This year the sweets have becomne so expensive. Must learn how how to make some at home.
I mlove jeera aloo and the chicken. You Your husband must be very happy with the feast.
you must relax on your anniversary.
Sounds like you have been a busy lady. I must get busy and either dump all these pictures so,ewhere or sort them and file like I intended to. ALL everywhere in muy computer room and it is not that big.
Post a Comment