Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I feel like the mouse in the picture above. Ready to hide, lol!!
Today was such a busy day, but the day did go fast. I left for work at my normal time and hit wally world for ink. Was tempted to go food shopping for my lady, but I resisted. Got her scripts, only one of the two, then went to two different stores because she had coupons for both and needed different things. She wanted green grapes. Normally, they aren't hard to find. Well, there are no green grapes in that area! Every store I went to, and I went to 4, including back to wally world, all had red. One store even had black grapes. My lady can't chew the skins on the red grapes, that's why they have to be green. Oh well, I tried and she has lots of other fresh fruit anyway. She's still asking for cherries. Cherry season is long over up here.
Get back to her house and the upstairs tenant is down with her. I walk in and he leaves. Ok. She tells me he was driving by and didn't see my car so he stopped in to check on her. The whole reason I went shopping before getting to her, was so she could sleep in. Nice thought anyway. She said the phone was ringing since 7 am.
Get all her stuff put away and do the floors. This is a chore I absolutely hate!! First, they have to be vacuumed. Step stools, kitchen table chairs, and any other stuff picked up and moved into another room. I don't clean like that on a weekly basis. Anyway, she has a white kitchen floor. Who has a white floor???? Since the floor is the original floor, they've been there over 60 years, it has discoloration around the table. The walkways. She insists the discoloration comes up. I've yet to see it go, no matter how hard I scrub. Anyway, she has a steam mop for the floors. On the kitchen floor she wants a little Ivory dish soap put down with the steam mop. She seems to think it removes some of the discoloration. Whatever makes you happy! Between the kitchen and the bathroom, takes a good hour. Then everything has to be moved back in. A lot of work and always on a Friday.
Today I was already tired from going to all those stores anyway. She calls the pharmacy about her script. By the time I got to her house and she called, the script was filled. Back to the pharmacy I had to go. I'm off the next 3 days so I feel better knowing she's set for the weekend. But still! It made for a very short day, but I'm exhausted.
Since I was already in town I decided to do a little of my own shopping. For some reason when it comes to the weekends, I don't like to go shopping. I'm finding I'm not liking going shopping anymore anyway. Don't know what's happened but I prefer to stay home. Must be getting old, lol!
Went to see hubby after work and he's upstairs cooking dal. The man knows I love dal, so he better bring some home for me! Yea right, won't happen. Right now all I want to do is curl up on a comfortable piece of furniture and veg for the night. Nice thought but I fell behind in my school work, when haven't I, so I need to make an attempt to get where I should be. Tomorrow will probably be a long day working on school stuff. I refuse to do anything on Sunday. Hubby has stopped asking if we can do Saturday instead of Sunday. Hope he got the hint.
Well, the best news I heard today was that NYS is no longer making it mandatory for health care workers to get vaccinated with the h1n1 vaccine. Now, this has it's good points and some bad points. Because there is not enough vaccines, the state pulled the plug. But...............and there's always a but, since the cases against the state were only heard once, and the state is doing this voluntary, there is the possibility that when the vaccines are more plentiful, like around mid-November, so the saying goes, the state still has the right to reintroduce the mandatory vaccination program on health care workers. Had it gone to court a second time, then the state would not have this option open to them if they were found in the wrong. So, we may be facing this again, just closer to the holidays. Or maybe not. For now I can breather a little easier.
Time for a hot shower to ease my aching back and then back to the books!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

That was quite a day. Your lady is very particular about the job she wants done LOL.

We get green and black grapes here - too.
Dal is very easy to make, its like soup. We make it everyday to have with rice.

Have a good celebration on your anniversary

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.