Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The good and bad of back to school

So nice to get up and no kids. The house was quiet.

Now for the bad.
I come home to stacks of papers needing to be filled out.
Today was the second stack from the second school.
Both kids want to tell me about their day.
At the same time. (when does this ever happen)
One kid needs supplies for a class. (news to me)
Need the supplies by Thursday. (I find out Tuesday)
Since this day is the only "free" night this week, off to town, I go. Just left there 30 minutes ago.
Get the supplies only to have said kid remember something else he needed that we didn't get.
Pull a uie and back to town we head, after being more than half way home.
Had to stop at hubby's station for gas.
Got manipulated into getting groceries for the station while in town.
It's 4 pm and grocery store closes at 5 pm.
Had to return something the oldest bought in town as well.
This store also closes at 5 pm.
Oldest then decides to spend money from return on shoes.
Unload groceries at hubby's station and leave. (I'm just exhausted by this time)
Get home and hubby calls wanting me to come back to station so he can give us sandwiches for dinner.
Not happenin pal, I'm tired!! Just did marathon shopping in record time. In total we hit 6 stores in 2 hours!


Get home today and youngest tells me he switched classes and needs more supplies for this class he switched to. gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Told him this time he has to wait until the weekend. Period.

The oldest gave me an overview of his day. This kid never does this. For the first time, in like forever, he actually sounds excited about school. He's going to be starting a computer networking class or something like that. He's actually wanting to go to school. He graduated in June, but since he was special ed, he received an IEP diploma. Not all colleges accept that so this school has started a new program for kids that graduated from there, all between the ages of 19 and 21. They can go back and work on specific things, like the GED, passing the civil service test, etc. He wasn't going to go back but I told him it might be a good idea to try and get his ged because he might want to, years down the road, go to college. This way he will have it. I don't know what this computer thing is but he's excited about it.

We were supposed to go to Bible study tonight, but I'm so tired and behind with things, we never made it. Tomorrow the youngest has to get a haircut. School pics are on Friday. He never wanted to do a professional pic for his senior year. Ok, but I want school pics then since this is the last year I'll get pics of him in school. I have no time to take him for a haircut. The place was closed today. I don't get home from work until 3:30 now . The youngest wants to go to the senior fund raiser meeting tomorrow night at 6 pm. Me taking him for a haircut after work, grabbing something to eat on the way and then making it to school by 6 is just way to stressful for me. Hubby taking him helps. A lot.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to relax. Just a little.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Glad your boys are excited about school Wishing them the best for the coming year.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.