I know yesterday was the first day of Fall, but it sure doesn't feel like it around here! Temps are close to 80 with rather high humidity, ugh!The days just seem to be flying by lately. Two more days and the weekend will be here. Got a lot done last weekend, but not everything. Me and the youngest were pulling the goldenrod out from around the house that had the nerve to plant itself there, lol. We are both terribly allergic to it. We couldn't pull it out by the roots so I had the youngest dig it out. Hope he got all the roots to it. Then we had another serious fight with a thorn plant. Another wild one. We were digging and chipping away at the roots to that one to! We still have to get all of the roots, some are still sticking up from the hole we had to dig to get to them.
Took all the tomato plants out of the garden. And the zucchini. All that's left is hubby's okra plant, few kale plants and the onions. Next weekend I think the onions will be ready to go and then I can let hubby loose in the garden with the weedwacker. Again!
Been spending a lot of time on my class. Thought I was going along well, until I discovered I missed one whole chapter! So, had to go back and work on that one. I've started it and I'm done with it for the night. I have everything planned out for the week, reading wise. Should be done with it by this time next week. I figure if I keep up this pace I should be done by the end of the year. I hope!! That includes the final and dissertation. Then come January I can move on. I'm getting so close now that it's beginning to feel more like a chore. I don't like that, but I want to get this done and over with. It's time to get into the really good stuff, lol.
Gotta go, the oldest is making dinner and I have to supervise. This kid is known for making food so bad that it's almost inedible. I don't know what he does, but he just can't cook! So, I'm trying to teach him to make something edible. He needs all the help he can get, lol.
2 comments:
We are putting in our winter seeds now. One good thing about our climate is that we can plant all year round.
Its hot and humid here too.
My okra is quite good to.
Does you hubby like his okra stir fried with onions and dried red chilli?
Hope your son 's creation was good.LOL
Son's food was actually good, lol. Better than before.
Hubby fries his okra and adds lots of spices. He's not so crazy about the red chili peppers, he prefers the green ones.
Do you know when Dwaili is this year? Is it in October or early November?
Post a Comment