What a day! I get home from work and hubby is still here, waiting for me. I get in late, just as the kids are getting home. Hubby tells me to meet him at work. I'm confused as to why since I thought it was just me and the oldest going into Hudson to fill hubby's script and pick up the last few things for the youngest birthday tomorrow. He tells me he's going to so we can hit Sears and look for a washer. Oh! He had someone come this morning and give him an estimate of how much it would cost to fix the washer. The guy told him $300 to $350. Ouch!! So, hubby decided it would be better to get another one. If we hit a sale, we could pay a little more for a new one. I did, once again, tell hubby we are going for the extended warranty if we get another one. He agreed. We drop his script, with a 45 minute wait, and go to Sears. Only one person in the store working. By the time we were ready, the guy was on the phone. So we had to wait. I thought hubby was going to get impatient, since he had to be at work by 4 pm, but he hung around. Guess he didn't want me hitting him up for quarters for the Laundromat all the time, lol. This Sears is a little store. They had a lot of Kenmore and Maytags. A few Whirlpools. Of course, if I could have any kind I wanted
I would have gone for one of the front loaders. Poor hubby
would have gone into heart failure if I told him that after seeing the prices, lol. I stayed away from the Maytag's. I checked out consumer reports online last night and they had nothing good to say about Maytag's. Everyone I know has nothing good to say about Maytag's. I always thought they were good, but, going with the majority on this one. I got a Whirlpool. It's really nice. Has a separate setting for jeans, second rinse, which I love, and lots of other cool features. It was slightly more than the Kenmore I almost got. Hubby was fine with it as long as I stayed away from the front loaders, lol.
So, we go to Walmart to get the birthday gifts. Every. Time. I. Turned. Around. Hubby. Was. Gone. I spent more time trying to find him than I did actually shopping for the few things I bought. I felt like I should have brought a leash for the man, lol!! By this time it's 4:45. I'm ready to go get his script and leave. He decided to order pizza. Another 30 minute wait. So we walked around Big Lots. I kept a hold of the man in that store, lol.
Get to the station and hubby tells me to wait, he wants the oldest to help him stock for a few minutes. We leave and we're talking as we're going home. The speed limit in the area is 30 and I was going under that because it's a speed trap. Well, I hit a deer right in that area. Didn't kill it. It turned around and went the way it came from. The pick up behind me, swerved into the other lane, I guess to avoid me and/or the deer. The oldest is jumping around in his seat scared out of his mind. He's yelling at me to pull over. There was a lot of traffic behind me and I wanted to pull over where the shoulder was bigger. He finally starts yelling at me to stop the car. I didn't think there was much damage. No lights broken and nothing rubbing. I hit the deer behind the shoulder. I figured if the deer went the other way, it wasn't to bad. I pull over and the oldest is so upset he couldn't get out of the car. He gets out and wants to look at the damage. I wanted to wait until we got home. We only live 5 minutes from hubby's work. The front of the hood is bent a little. The hood opens. The head light is pushed in a little and the lens cover for the side running lights is cracked. It looked like on the fender the paint is cracked. The damage looks minor, but I know to fix it will require a new hood, fender, and lights. I ran my hand along the side and didn't feel any dents on the fender itself. I'll be able to see better tomorrow in the daylight. Both the boys said hubby is going to flip when he sees it. I did call hubby and told him what happened. I explained where the damage is. He said he wasn't mad, but he got all quiet when I told him. We'll see how he acts tomorrow when I actually see him. Or if the damage looks worse in the daylight.
Tomorrow we have to take the truck and get the washer. We have to move the old one out first. Hubby didn't want to pay the extra money to have it removed and delivered, even though you get that money back. Tomorrow is also the youngest birthday. I wanted to go to Bible Study, but I really don't see that happening. By the time we get the machine and I bake a cake, it just might be to late to go. I really wanted to since Church was cancelled because of the snow. It's to late now to bake. I had to finish folding all the laundry I did over the past 2 days. I was lazy this weekend, lol.
Well, I'm getting tired. Going to call it a night soon.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
i am so happy for you getting a new washing machine
i love mine. lol they are amazing things if you have ever had to wash by hand with a rub board you appreciate them
cant believe that deer choose just then to run out on the road.they can do some damage i know. i bet he is very sore today , prob limping around the forest. so glad you and son was not hutrt.
we will celebrate a.j birthday on friday. just a small family thing . i am sure your family will enjoy celebrating your son's as well.
yall be carefull up there in all that cold and snow!
Post a Comment