Woke up this morning to quite a few inches of snow on the ground already. Got the oldest out of bed and told him he had to uncover the car and shovel the steps and a walkway to the car so I could leave for work. I figured why should I do it because I'm going to have to uncover the car before I leave work. He did everything but the walkway to the car. He never shovels a path to the car, I don't know why. I hate driving to work with wet boots. Well, my 10 minute drive to work took 40 this morning. My road, which is a rather main road, was plowed, but once I hit the side road my lady lives on, forget it! There had to be at least 6 inches on the ground when I left for work. When I finally made it to work, of course I couldn't get up the driveway in my car. Hubby's cousin took the truck to his business in Ohio, he's due back sometime this week I think. Not doing me any good. Well, I was determined I wasn't walking up that steep driveway in 6 inches of snow, so I backed out of the driveway, went up the road, and went as fast as I could and floored it up the driveway, lol. I did a lot of sliding and spinning of tires. I thought the car was going to end up in the yard a few times it was swerving so bad, but I made it up! My lady's daughters boyfriend was in his truck, I didn't know it, he was watching the whole thing. He got out of his truck laughing his butt off at me, lol! All I told him was "I ain't walking up this driveway, lol!" He says he thought that's what it was because I looked very determined to get the car up, lol. Wouldn't you know it, after all that, 10 minutes after I get there, the driveway gets plowed! I also get a phone call from the office wanting me to stay because the other woman who comes when I leave didn't want to come out in the snow in the afternoon. I told them I wasn't staying because the roads were not plowed and really bad. I figured I made it here, she could have at least tried or had someone give her a ride there. Of course hubby wanted me to stay home today, but since I have tomorrow off for the dentist, I went. I should have stayed home, it looked like everyone else did, lol.
Came home and gave the boys their orders and I'm hiding. I wanted to work on my course some more so I chased the boys away and told them not to disturb me for at least an hour or so. The oldest is going to make dinner, probably with the youngest help. So now that they are leaving me alone and I have this time, guess I should use it wisely, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment