Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

This weekend is shaping up to be rather non eventful. Spent most of yesterday cleaning and more cleaning. So tired when I was done, but the house looked nice, lol! Until hubby spilled something on my not clean for even an hour kitchen floor! If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else. Got caught up on all the laundry and turned the machine over to the boys. I think they are all caught up to. I hope, lol. Tomorrow is the only day they both have school and I'm off. Looking forward to a peaceful few hours. Of course, hubby wants me to go the the bank and then the post office first thing in the morning. Yeah right, when I get up and get moving, lol. He won't know, he'll be sleeping until I wake him.

Finally had church this morning. The oldest got ready for work late, which means he got to work late, which means I had to hurry up and eat and get the youngest ready, which made us late for church. At least I got there, lol. The elder that was preaching this morning was joking that he has two more sermons left on the book of Judges, which means we should be done sometime in March with the way the weather has been going, lol. The forecast is predicting snow for Wednesday, but right now it's so so. Not predicting any accumulations, which means they have no clue. It's been about a week and a half since we have had any snow. We're probably due, this can't last forever, it's to early yet.

Since I worked my butt of yesterday, I did basically nothing today. Felt so nice to not have anything that had to be done. I did get some knitting done. Dentist appt on Thursday. Since this dentist only works one day at the office I go to, I couldn't be choosy about the time I got, so I made it far enough ahead of time to get the day off. I don't make appts around work any more unless I work for a few hours in the morning and have the rest of the day off. You just never know how long you are going to end up sitting in the waiting room.

The cat has spent the past 2 nights chasing a mouse all night. I wish she would either catch that thing, or chase it into a trap and be done with it. Every time she goes ripping down the hallway I hear her. Why is it sometimes cats can be so quiet you don't know they are there, and then other times, they sound like a heard of elephants? It that like pay back or something??

Ok, going to put this in here, just won't let me put it where I want it without moving everything around and leaving spaces. I had found a neck warmer pattern online that I thought would be pretty cool to make. Sometimes I want something around my neck, but just don't want to deal with the hassle of a scarf. Since what I'm working on can be frustrating, especially when I've knitted rows and rows only to realize that they all have to be ripped out because I either made a mistake or dropped a stitch like 4 inchs ago. That's when I need something fast and easy to work on to make me feel like I've accomplished something. Finished this in 2 nights and sewed the buttons on this afternoon. Hubby was looking at me like I've lost my marbles, and maybe I have. I showed it to him and asked him if he thought I was crazy. He just grinned and said yes and he ran out the door, lol. H has to live with me, guess he would know, lol. Oh well, I keep his life interesting, lol.
















No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.