It's taken me just about all day, but the living room is finally rearranged. Talk about tired!! I did have the youngest help me and then the oldest when he came home. It looks better. It was time for a change. It's something I have not been looking forward to. I have a set of bookcases in the living room that do hold books, lots and lots of books. They are a chore to move. I took the computer out and put it in the small room to, so that gave me more space. I was only going to do a few pieces at a time, but decided since I was on a roll, why not do the whole thing. This way, it's done. Now the little room has a online computer and an off line computer, right next to each other. We use the off line computer for games. I haven't really had much time lately to see whats wrong with the Internet connection on that one.
Woke up this morning to no hot water again. Last night was probably one of the coldest nights yet. Fortunately, hubby was here. I've been telling him that we need to keep the cabinets under the sinks open and the water dripping during the night, so hopefully, the pipes won't freeze. When he gets home he insists on shutting the cabinets( the only time he does this) and turning the water off. Ok, what do I know. Guess who was under the house with a hair dryer trying to dethaw the pipes, lol?? He had the oldest out there with him and checking every now and again to see if the water was on. Then, he has the nerve to come inside and tell me to let the water drip over night and keep the cabinet doors open when it's this cold. %^&&$$%!! Whatever. I asked what the problem was under the house that the pipe froze and he said there wasn't enough insulation for the pipes. I distinctly remember having a conversation with him during the spring about going under the house and checking everything. Making sure everything is still intact. His response was everything was still fine, why wouldn't it be?? So, as a temporary fix we are going to get insulation tomorrow and put it around the pipes that need more, then in the Spring go under there and fix anything that needs fixing. Guess these things sound better if he says it??
Knitting class starts up again this week, and I can't wait. I so desperately need that female companionship and time away. There's just something about sitting with a group of women and knitting that just alleivates all my stress . I miss that time when the classes stop. I got one of the gloves done that I started before the class ended, now I have to work on the other one. Hopefully I'll have it done by the time I go this week. It was so hard for me to do at first, but then once I wrapped my head around the visual part, it just flew together. It was a challenge, to say the least since it wasn't done the traditional way, and I'll be proud of myself for getting them done and sticking it out. So many times I wanted to throw in the towel. Since they were for my mother, I was going to send them to her for her birthday. Then we were talking the other day and she makes the comment that she never wears gloves anymore, just mittens. Well, crap man! Now I know, lol.
Hubby's been taking the laundry and doing it at work. Yesterday, he kept hounding me to give him all the dirty clothes. So I did, lol. The man was doing laundry until midnight, lol. I told him he had to dry it there to because I didn't want to be up until midnight drying clothes either. He did come home and put one load in our dryer. He took the one basket of clothes we had from yesterday. Little does he know, that basket didn't have the boys clothes in it. Oh well, they know he takes it and if they want their clothes cleaned, then they should know what to do.
Tomorrow we are supposed to get more snow. If it's to much predicted, church will be cancelled again. I plan to go some organizing for the week. Things worked much better during the week, when I took the time to plan out the weeks and plan out dinner for each day. Since we are generally out of the house 3 nights a week, getting slow cooker recipes ready for the week, makes things much simpler. While I'm at it I'm going to try to rearrange my own eating. I'm going to try 5 smaller meals and see how that works for me, but to also include the total amount of water, dairy, fruits and veggies I should have. I did feel better when I did this, but things got thrown off with having my teeth fixed and not being able to eat certain things. I still have to be really careful with certain fruits and veggies. One thing it has done for me is make me more mindful of my chewing and to slow down and take smaller bites. But, I need to start taking care of myself again. I've let myself go and it shows, so back to square one again. There is a local tops meeting that I've been thinking about going to, once the weather gets a little better.
The boys are doing their best to avoid me. They are both being punished because of their attitudes. They even lost their ipods. Both of them. Next on the list is the television. If this continues into tomorrow, I will make them write sentences. I used to do that and they both hated that with a passion, especially the youngest. He used to write me a story or an apology letter, lol. It's amazing what losing a few prized possessions and privileges will do for the attitudes, lol!
I did all my errands yesterday after work in the frigid temps. I was beginning to think I was crazy, but the payoff was it's done and I could do anything I wanted to today. Why I chose today to work my butt off in the house is beyond me, but it's done now. I can focus on other things.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

2 comments:
we finally have a heat wave...25!! whoopee! I was actually glad this week that we have leaky faucets nothing froze. My stepson's house he rents next door had burst pipes and I think the girl I work with across the street froze too as the plumber was over there today.
We are up to 13 above in WI, and I snow blowed a path for the dog to dump father away from the house so he is happy too! I am so out of shape that I was struggling for air outside but that work 'expanded my lungs' so that they work better now. I used a CPAP and Oxygen to help me breathe at night while asleep and so does my wife.
Church tomorrow--22 miles but we have a '07 Ram 4 by 4 pick up--so no sweat.
Bless you and your family.
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
Post a Comment