Had to take a pic of the cone flowers. It seemed to take them quite a while to bloom this year. Usually, they are one of the first flowers I have that bloom. Must be the lack of humidity we've had so far.
This is one of my favorite plants. I think it's called a Hosta. We have 2 of these planted on the side of the shed that gets the least sun. One side of the shed gets sun all day and the other half the day. We went this year and got some more like this to plant on the one side of the house that doesn't get much sun and for a few spots around the deck. Hubby just loves these plants now that he knows they bloom, lol.
Got up and went to church this morning. I really was/ still am dragging my butt, but I went anyway because we are working on the book of Daniel. As usual it was a good message, but the church was so muggy, even with the fans on. Nobody has put screens in the windows so we can't open them. Guess because the church is being painted they decided to not do that this year. There are 2 ceiling fans in the center of the church, but they always turn them down on low. Last week, the one ceiling fan in the front was turned low and the one in the back, that I conveniently sit under, was left on high. Not this week, both put on low. They do have oscillating fans on the end isles they had turned on. One at the front of the pews and one towards the back. It was ok, but, I was rather warm. Then my back started to ache and I was just fidgeting like crazy. Felt like a kid again, lol. To top it off, the service itself ran rather long. Not a good thing for a crampy, achy back. Hubby stayed home and slept. He promised he would go next week though. I try to get him there every other week because I do know how hard it is to work until early morning and then have to get up earlier. And with his being sick I want him to take it easy for now. He worked his normal shift last night and tonight he will be totally alone. Today is the last day for the festival so hopefully everyone is making the mad dash during daylight hours for home.This is my last day off. Back to work tomorrow. In the heat and humidity. Figures it would start to get humid when I have to work. The office has been keeping me informed about the developments in this case. I knew this woman's husband was sick, and she was really upset over it. I got a call on Friday that her husband passed so not sure what kind of shape she's going to be n the next few days. I do know her daughter will be with her for a few days so that should help some. At least I'm aware. I pulled out all my cotton tops and got them ironed for the week. When it gets really warm I hate to wear anything knit. Just to warm. I like cotton better but cotton can be hard to find. As I was ironing a few of my tops for the week I noticed that some of them are beginning to show some wear. Time to start keeping my eyes open for new ones I guess. My work bag is packed, clothes ready, new id badge, planner for the week almost done. All I have left is to listen to my class online and then decide how many pages I can read during the week.
I spent yesterday afternoon doing just what I wanted to do. Finished the reading for class on Friday and did the study guide. Took a short break after that. Was in the mood to knit so that's what I did. Been working on my top, which I started way back in June, lol. I'm right at the part where it's just mindless knitting so I can do it and watch tv at the same time. The season will be over by the time I get this thing knitted up, lol. Then it will be time to work on the front of hubby's vest again. Maybe, just maybe if I work real hard on it he will be able to wear it when it gets cooler. Maybe, lol!!

No comments:
Post a Comment