This has been one of those strange and busy weekends. On Friday I got all my sewing done. It went so smoothly, I was surprised at no problems. Guess that happens when I'm actually in the mood to do something. Finished up the last chapter for class on Thursday. Missed knitting to do it, but it was important that it get done. Since Friday went so well, I had no actual plans for the weekend. So, Saturday I started the translations for the next chapter. Today I finished them. Cool beans! Now, I can plan my week since this next chapter is one of the longer ones. It will probably take me all week to do the reading, I'm thinking. I've given myself until Thursday to have the reading done. I want to be able to listen to the class and take notes on Friday, after work. That way I can do the study sheet and get ready for the next chapter over the weekend.
Hubby has a really, really bad chest cold. He came home Thursday night and woke me up complaining he had a fever. My initial response was to tell him to go and get a cool cloth and put is on his head, instead of waking me up, but I was the good wife and did it for him. He went to work yesterday, against my wishes. He really looks bad. I called him before I went to bed last night and he was complaining of having a temp and feeling cold. I told him the temp would get worse over night, but he did close up earlier than normal. He crawls in bed, shivering so bad his teeth were chattering and scoots as close as he could get to get warm. Then he pulls out that fuzzy, heavy blanket. So glad the man kept that thing to himself, is wasn't exactly cold last night, even with the fan in the window. At some point during the night I woke up because I'm hot and where he was laying against me, my night gown is all damp. That's what woke my up. I felt his forehead, but he was rather cool. Guess so, he sweated all over me! At some point he got up and turned the ceiling fan on so he must have cooled down during the night. He's still in bed, don't think he's going to work. Sure hope not, he needs rest right now. Nobody has called either so I'm not asking. I've been keeping a cool cloth on his forehead, but he feels pretty cool right now. We'll see what happens tonight though.
I've decided that this week I have to get myself back on some kind of schedule. No more lazing around. I have to go to the office one day this week and get info on the case I'm subbing on, need a new name tag and want to make it to both Bible study and knitting this week. The oldest has been off work since Monday. As it stands now, he will be going to work Tuesday unless his boss calls and says otherwise. They were working a job for the bosses family. There were 2 guys and the boss doing the job. Well, the family didn't want to pay 3 people, they just wanted the boss (their son) to do the job. So................this guy has been working this job all week alone. I feel bad for the guy, but that's family for ya. Made the oldest call his boss on Saturday just to see the status of the job. Seems like it's almost done. The guy has 2 other jobs waiting.
It's been really nice weather wise lately. But, this week the humidity is supposed to increase and the temps get into the 80's. Normal July weather. Guess it had to happen sometime, lol. I just hope this case has fans or ac or some way of keeping cool. The heat just makes me want to be lazy.
A few days ago the oldest and hubby weeded the garden. All but the onions and chives. It looks really good. Can't find any radishes though. I know there were some growing earlier, I'm wondering if they pulled them out when they were weeding. There are some green beans starting, but the hot peppers look really small, like they aren't going to do anything this year. Maybe all those weeds stunted their growth, lol! I saw a few tiny cucumbers starting and the tomato's are hanging full. The potatoes have really taken off and I can find my kale again. I even saw carrots, but they are really small yet. Got 4 more zucchini and a few green beans out of the garden today. Going to saute the zucchini to put over spaghetti. The boys will only eat zucchini that way. Maybe hubby will be up to having some zucchini. He's not crazy about spaghetti, but I'll give him some chicken noodle soup with the zucchini if he wants it. I don't think he has the flu because he's not nauseated or running to the bathroom every few minutes. Hopefully, things stay that way and he's back on his feet in a few days.
Speaking of hubby time to check on him and start dinner.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
July
(26)
- My weekend has started
- Water, water everywhere!
- Another Monday
- Easy day
- Not much going on
- TGIF
- Thursday already
- Summer like weather
- Getting it together................
- Productive weekend
- First pickin of the season!
- Scavenger hunt
- Nice day
- Confusion, confusion, and more confusion
- Last night we had some major storms roll through h...
- Not much goin on
- Maybe I shouldn't have done that
- Not much going on
- Unseasonably cool
- New toy?????
- Sllloooowwwwllllyyyyy coming around.................
- Happy 4th!
- What nerve..........................
- The sun is finally shining!!
- Just not getting along..............
- Bored
-
▼
July
(26)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
Hi Madison, glad you are getting all those vegetables from your garden.
Hope Mr is feeting better.
Post a Comment