Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here come the gray hairs

Took the youngest this morning to take his written drivers test. He passed. When I went to get the oldest from work, I took the youngest along because the oldest works at the local high school and the lot is basically empty, so I let him do some driving around the school grounds. He went out on the road for a short distance in front of the school because there wasn't much traffic. Basically in one entrance and out the other. He ran into a little traffic with the shift change and people coming and going from the fitness center, but basically he did well for his real first try. He's been driving up and down our driveway for a while now.

His problems are stopping, either to far forward or to far back, staying on his side of the road, and his wide, wide turns. But, by the time we were done he was recognizing his mistakes and trying to correct them the next time, so that's a good thing. No way is he ready for the road yet, but once he gets comfortable driving around the school parking lot I'll take him down some back roads with little traffic.

I just need to stock up on the hair dye, lol.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

My niece also took her test last month , don ;t know the result. She was inspired by her friend who failed 5 tikmes, giving her folks a bunch of grey hair in the offing.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.