I think my computer issues are resolved. Maybe. It has been acting super weird lately though. The boys have rearranged things so we all can be on at the same time, well, they can, today is my test run.
Today is the last on the nicer weather. Of course, it waits to get super hot and humid once I go back to work. Neither place has ac or a fan so I'll be sweating the weight off to, lol! I've decided that I have to see if I can get a few pairs of shorts for the rest of the summer. The ones I have now are all getting to big. Can't stand pants with a baggy butt! I have taken some shorts that are just way to big and put them away. Now I have to do that with some tops. At the beginning of the warmer weather I took and donated all the stuff that was to tight. Now I'm wishing I had that stuff. What I did save, because I just couldn't part with it, fits comfortably now. But some tops the necks are sliding off to the shoulder. Can't have that, it's annoying.
The new medicine seems to be agreeing with me for the most part, so I'll wait 3 weeks and see how my throat is after that. I have noticed that I can eat or drink really cold things, so that's a step in the right direction. Bought apples when I went food shopping and made myself a baked apple today. Boy, was that good! Put me in the mood for Fall. Hoping September is a nice normal cool September, but hubby was telling me he heard it's still supposed to be warmer than normal. Hope his source is wrong.
Went back to work yesterday and got a totally new schedule. Fine with me, I'm tired of being home and broke. I used to think I didn't want to work, now I'm not so sure. It's nice being home and doing what I want, but there are days being home makes me crazy. Maybe because there's so much to do I don't know where to start.
Been working on the outline for my paper. When I start this I make sure the boys are occupied and hubby is at work. It never fails, just as I get going, a kid has a want. Every time! No wonder this is taking forever. I need a secret room that only I know about and lock myself in there, lol. Our town is building a brand new library. We did need a new library, the current building is super, super small. The problem I have with this new library is they built it right next to a vacant elementary school. The reason the school building wasn't used is because it would cost to much money to fix the heating and ac units for the building. Ok, but the new library is costing over 2 million, yes million, to build. You can't tell me it costs more than that to fix the heating and ac in an existing building. The new library was supposed to be done my mid-summer. Now it supposed to be done mid-September, if they get the funding needed because they are about 500,000 short. All card holders got a itemized list of possible donations along with a map of the new building. The map I kept it's supposed to have a separate area for studying. I was eyeing the location as a possible get away spot to work on my paper.
The tomato plants are full of green tomatoes, very few red ones yet. We aren't getting many even from the mature tomato plant we bought early. Guess there's no rushing it. Lots of cucumbers are coming and only a few zucchini so far. Hubby just picked some okra today, the first ones. We actually have eggplant coming to. That's a first for us. The broccoli and cauliflower seem to be taking their own sweet time. They are one of the first ones we get, even before the zucchini. Guess everything will be late this year since we planted late because the last frost was late. This was the first year we didn't put manure in the soil before we planted and it shows. Hubby has been keeping up with the weeding of the garden though. He's even been weeding the flower beds this year. Fine with me, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
We got some okra from the garden, so I am going to make okra curry today.
If you want to try some Indian food ideas then go to YouTube and search for Marut Sikka, he' s got some easy Punjabi food too.
Post a Comment