The weather here lately has been quite cool, but rainy for the past 3 days. I'm not minding the cooler temps, makes me feel like Fall is coming, but I know its just a tease. The weatherman is predicting temps in the upper 80's for the weekend and 90 on Monday. UGH!! Back to the stinkin heat and humidity. And reality I guess, but the break was nice.Yesterday was the oldest birthday. He's now 20! I can't believe it. Boy do I feel old :( Decided to make him a birthday cake. Had the youngest bake the cake while I was at work and when I got home I decided to put icing on it. Well, for some reason, the cake refused to cooperate, lol. I had the cake all together, since we made a layer cake, but when I got to this one side, the whole side just fell off when I put icing on it. I don't understand why either. The cake was cooled and the icing was room temperature. The cake came out of the pans with no chunks missing. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe it was me, I don't know. Anyway, the boys liked it. I had just the frozen yogurt I had bought, no cake, not one crumb! I'm so proud of myself, because before I would have had at least a small taste.
I really think now my mindset is totally different. And I do think at this point if I did eat to much of it I would probably get nauseous from it. A while ago I was having a serious chocolate craving and I had 2 small peppermint patties. I had such an upset stomach from it, I couldn't believe it. That was the very last time, it's been over a month since.
For the most part the cravings are gone. Just occasionally, but I do eat frozen yogurt and have ice cream in the house since this med interferes with my calcium, I'm hoping if the up the calcium intake it won't be to bad. Broccoli and yogurt are becoming a daily thing in my diet since I'm not a big milk drinker, that's the reason for ice cream instead. As long as I keep losing a pound or two a week it's all good.
Since today was the first day we haven't been drenched in rain I took a walk outside. The garden has become a jungle, so have the weeds in the flower beds, lol. But I have 2 roses blooming. I'll have to take new pics later of the garden. I think the zucchini is just about done, but the cauliflower is finally starting to get ready. The kale has gone crazy I have to pick that and freeze it. The green beans are ready. Hubby and I picked a whole bunch of beans before all the rain and I froze them. Hubby's only getting a handful at a time of the okra, but the hot peppers are hanging full, as well as the tomatoes. Hubby pulled up two onions but they really aren't ready yet. I knew we planted two cantaloupe plants, one has a small green cantaloupe on it. Haven't found the other plant yet. Hubby planted something, don't remember what he calls it, in the squash family and it's a climber. Hubby didn't' set up anything for the plant to climb on so it's taken over half the garden. It does have small green things starting on it. From the looks of it we are going to have an awful lot of that vegetable once it really gets going. Told hubby next year he has to place it at the end of the garden and make something for it to climb up on. This thing has spread out of the fence of the garden and is starting to climb up the side of the shed, which is next to the garden, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment