Monday, October 6, 2008

Cold dreary day and dentist

I forgot to catch the weather yesterday and it's raining, cold, and very damp. Ugh!! We still haven't turned the heat on in the house. We did bring in a space heater from the shed. That helps take the chill off in the house. It's the kind of day I like to bake. It warms up the house and makes it smell good to. Unfortunately, hubby and I are moving very slowly today. Hubby just left for work, almost 30 minutes late. I was supposed to get him up at 10 am. I got up at 10:30 and he got up at 11 am. Oh well, it's that kind of day, lol. He wants a haircut. He's been wanting a haircut for a few days now, but he usually doesn't get up in time for me to give him one. Good for me because I really don't think he needs one. His hair is just now getting long enough that I can run my fingers through it and there's actually something there, lol. It's also starting to curl in the back.
Well, today is dentist day again. Personally, I would rather have cancelled, but, I have a problem. I can't open my mouth very wide. It hurts to open my mouth to eat, or brush my teeth. I don't know why. He didn't even work on the side that hurts. This started around Wednesday of last week. I really didn't bother to change the appt because I knew I had to go today and probably wouldn't get an earlier appt anyway. Lately I've been eating soft things like yogurt, cottage cheese and stuff. Last night I was hungry for food. Real food. So I made a meatloaf, mixed veggies and baked potatoes. I had to squish the potato to eat it, the veggies were a real adventure. They kept falling out because I couldn't open my mouth wide enough, lol. So, unless I want to puree everything I eat( I refuse) I have to go today to find out whats wrong. Hopefully nothing major. Hopefully I will be back to normal in a few days.
The oldest's friend is staying until today with us. Hubby didn't want him staying any longer. He's worried if something happens to this kid while he's with us, we will be help responsible. I would have thought of this eventually. Fine with me because I just am wanting my house back to normal again. This kid is a typical boy. A slob. I find trails of his clothes through the house, lol. Hubby already does that, I don't need another one. And cups and glasses left everywhere. I'm a neat freak and this make me crazy.
Well, I'm out of time. Have to get ready to leave now.

3 comments:

Estela said...

I'm still running the air conditioner most of the day! I did do some baking today, so I had a few warm hours.

Sherry said...

I found you girl I am now following you , and you know I am the betty boop of all blogs lol
sending you hugs
Sherry

Rose said...

I put the heat on for an hour to get the chill out because the grand kids were here. They have the sniffles and I do NOT want to be blamed for any illness. My older stepson (28) yelled at his brother (21) who has been living here again for the past month about using too many cups and leaving towels everywhere. Guess my nagging the big one rubbed off...he paid it forward! ;) rose

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.