Monday, October 27, 2008

Learning to say "no"

I ran into a friend of mine in the supermarket today. We had missed each other at knitting class on Thursday. I walked right past here and never saw here, lol. She saw me after I got in but every time she looked my way I was looking down. I wanted to say hi after class, but sometime before it was over, she had left. It had been such a long day that all I was concentrating on was just relaxing for an hour. A whole hour to myself, lol!! We were talking today about how busy it's been lately. Her and her husband were getting ready to go away for a few days, then back later in the week. The day of class she was going to spend with her father and then her and her husband were leaving again for the weekend. She was debating on going to class. I was telling here that on thursday I have an inservice all afternoon. I wouldn't be done until 5. Class is at 6. Another busy day of running and not getting home until late. She asked me what I was going to do, the inservice or class. She said she wasn't going to class. It was just to much this week. I'm thinking, I'm going to take the wait and see approach. Class is very relaxing for me. It's my only time lately I get totally to myself. I'm thinking I just might need that. This weekend is the craft fair and the school that the oldest has to help out with. I have to do the baking for. They are requesting that parents bring 4 to 6 baked goods for the baked goods table. That means for me to do that I have to bake 2 things each afternoon when I get home from work. No baking on Thursday, weather I go to class or not. Then Friday I have to have the oldest at the school early to set up, and then every day over the weekend to work the fair. No matter how I look at it, it's a very busy week for me. Again. Glad I took today to do not much of anything. I need the rest. I have a feeling this weekend is going to be another do nothing weekend.

1 comment:

Estela said...

Are they looking for individual baked goods (like cookies or cupcakes)? or can they be bigger (like square cakes)? I can use one box of mix and one frosting can and make two 8/9 inch cakes with that. Less work and a cake the right size for most families. :)

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.