Decided to do an entry while I drink my morning tea and before the day really gets started for me. Yesterday was a rainy day, with lots of rain and wind in the evening. Since it was our anniversary, hubby and I had planned on going out to eat. Just the 2 of us. We had been talking through the week about what we were going to do. I wanted to go shopping and then out to eat. Hubby told me he was willing to take me shopping to the dollar store and that was about it because he's broke, lol. Such a funny man sometimes. I decided to look online for a pic of what I wanted for our anniversary. Hubby can sometimes be really bad about giving me gifts. Sometimes when he's clueless, he'll just give me money or take me shopping and tell me to pick something out. That's ok sometimes, but not always. Anyway, I had everything planned. Hubby got home from work early. He hands me a card when he gets in the car and then when we get home, he is standing in the bedroom and calls me in. Usually, when he calls me in as soon as he's gotten home it means he has money for me to pay a bill with. I'm grumbling to myself why this may is giving me money on a Saturday night. That means I have to hold onto it until Monday when I can go to the bank. I prefer him to give me money to deposit in the morning. It's not that I want to spend the money, I just hate being responsible for such large amounts. Every month he pays each credit card off. Sometimes, they are high. Anyway, got sidetracked. I walk in the bedroom and the man has this box in his hand and gives it to me. Inside is a pair of earrings. He had the fool bring back a pair of earrings for me for our anniversary. All this time I've been reminding him thinking he was going to forget, lol. The earrings are perfect. I can wear them everyday. They aren't to big or to heavy. The other pair I have are large and a little on the heavy side. I have to take them out at night. These new ones are small, light and just what I wanted for everyday. Putting them back in will be a chore in itself. They are small hoops and I had to have hubby put them in because I couldn't get the back piece in the hole in the hoop. I have to make sure they are secure because the very first pair hubby got me I lost one. Fell right out of my ear while I was out shopping. The second pair he got me I broke the spring in the middle of. The last pair I got I only wear occasionally. They are basically the same as the ones I broke, but more colorful and heavier. So, since he got me something that ended my plans to show him what I wanted. We did end up going to this new store that I've been to twice. The man really didn't want to go, but agreed. I knew once I got this man in this store he would enjoy it. He did. We walked every inch of this store. The man missed nothing, lol. I was getting tired and the man is looking at Christmas stuff. He was looking at a lighted, animated raindeer to put in the yard for Christmas. I told him to wait until at least December to think about buying something like that. We haven't even passed Thanksgiving yet, lol!! An hour and a half later I finally drug him out of the store, lol. We decided to go eat Chinese. There is a buffet that we really like to go to. Only problem was, this place was just so hot inside. We had been talking about Chinese since it's been ages since we had Chinese. It's been ages since we ate out period. All in all it was a good night. We finally had some unrushed time together to just talk and be together. That meant more to me than anything he could have bought me.
I actually did yesterday what I set out to do. Nothing. A few loads of laundry, but that is never ending anyway. No cleaning and no cooking. It was great. I got a list of stuff I want to start as gifts so I accomplished what I wanted to. It felt really good to do nothing, it's been a long time since I've done that.
I have the same thing planned today, nothing, lol. I might run into Htown to walmart to pick up a few things I need for the gifts, but other than that, nothing much.
The oldest work me up this morning wanting a ride to work. He took his bike to work yesterday, but didn't bring it home because it was windy and he didn't want to ride home in the wind. This morning he wants a ride. I told him to take his brothers bike, lol. I was just up taking hubby to work at 4 am and then the oldest wakes me and wants a ride at 7 am. Not happening!! We're going to have to work something out when it gets really cold here, because there is just no way I'm getting up twice on the weekends to run them. For the past 2 weeks hubby has been working days, which has been really nice. The fool has been working from 1 pm to 1 am. Supposedly. Actually he starts work about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Because he shows up late, hubby has to work an extra hour or so later. Anyway, hubby was telling me that he's going back to night work soon. Ugh!!! The excuse the fool is giving him is that he has to work days so he can sign paperwork. What a load of crap! He doesn't want to work nights because he's afraid of being robbed. He just doesn't like working nights. Well, who does?? Does he really think hubby does?? I'm wondering how long the getting up and opening at 4 am is going to last though. I thought maybe the nights would work a little longer for him because he can sleep all morning. I'm thinking maybe he is bringing the American woman back. He'll have her open and then he can come downstairs around 10 or 11 like before. Have her leave at 1 and hubby start at 4 so the fool will only be actually working for 3 hours. Time will tell on that one.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
October
(15)
- feeling better
- Sleepless night
- Learning to say "no"
- Sunday
- Very long week!!!!
- Sunday
- In desperate need of time away
- To funny
- Monday morning blahs
- Sunday
- You know they've moved in when.........
- TGIF
- Little venting.............ok, probably a lot
- Cold dreary day and dentist
- My first entry in my new home
-
▼
October
(15)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
3 comments:
oh i am sorry i didnt wish you and the hubby a Happy Anniversary earlier. sounds like you two had a nice time of it . i think they make absolutely gorgeous jewelry in India. so you are so lucky! my ex was in kuwait for almost 2 years and did not bring me a single piece of gold jewelry. oh wait i forgot about the fake rolex he bought off a fellow soldier, lol
when i worked at the brookly museum gift shop we sold many pieces of indian jewelry. it was only the costume kind but everybody just loved it.my april now has a stud in her nose and i approved of it because I wanted one way back when i was her age .i worked with an indian woman named shradevi and she had a nose stud and wore a lot of real gold bangles . i admired her very much.she also had ankle jewelry and never wore american shoes, always sandals. wow you sure brought back some memories for me you lucky ducky, enjoy your earrings!
Happy Anniversary! Many good wishes to you and hubby for thousands of more years. I'm glad that he did you proud, picking out something you didn't have to guide him to. Hugs, E
happy anniversary!
Post a Comment