Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday

Today I've decided that I'm just going to laze around the house and not do to much. Yesterday we all went shopping. I took the 2 boys and hubby's uncle. Of course, I had to wait a while for him so I did some cleaning in the kitchen and rearranging. I just can't believe how dirty my house gets so quickly! I made more room to put some more plants in the kitchen. Most of my house plants are so huge now, it's hard to find any room for them, lol. I have to rearrange the sunroom. My sewing area has been relocated to that room now, as well. It's not a large space, but the way things are set up now, it's really tight and my sewing table is against a wall where there is no electrical outlet. When we had this room built on, hubby only wanted 2 outlets, I wanted 4, one on each wall. Hubby said no, no, we no need that many. Yes we do, lol! I'm going to put my table against one of the walls that has the largest windows. I love to sit and sew and be able to see the snow covered pine trees. So calming. I have to move the long sofa on one of the other walls and the tv on the smallest wall. Origionally, the intention of this room was to have it as the room where we could watch tv and basically hang out. My living room carpeting is light and the funriture is 2 years old now. We put all the older furniture in the sunroom thinking it's ok if it gets a little messed up by the boys. The thought of moving the tv into the living room has crossed my mind, but that was short lived. There are 3 teenage boys were and 2 Indian men. Do I really want to do this????? I think not, lol.
I've been thinking a lot about going to see my parents. I was going to see them the end of this month, but the oldest has a craft fair he has to work to earn money towards his senior trip, so I've been thinking about doing it the weekend after. I would leave on a Friday and drive back on a Tuesday. The boys would only miss 2 days of school because there is a Monday they have off during that week. Gas prices are dropping here, hopefully they will stay low. I'm only going to take my 2 boys, the friend will have to go back to his family while I'm gone. I thought about taking him, but it's an out of state trip, 7 hour drive. I really, really don't want all that responsibility. I feel bad but, I just can't take that kind of chance. Then while I'm christmas shopping I'll feel about about not getting him something to. I'm not completely sure I'm going yet, have to ask hubby for money and a credit card before I go. He did tell me to take the boys and go without him though, lol. He knows there is a fabric store I want to visit while I'm there. He loves the store to because the other side of the store is all tools. Odd combo, but caters to both sexes.
When I took everyone shopping yesterday, the boys stayed with me, but the uncle, I kept losing him, lol. Every time I turned around he was gone. He's a short little guy and is hard to find even the shortest shelving is taller than him, lol. I kept looking for the tip of his baseball cap, lol. When we were coming through town on the way home he wanted me to stop at a certain bank. Fortunatelly, it was closed. I thought he maybe wanted to withdraw money, but no, his son works here and he wanted to talk to him. This situation with his family has gotten me and hubby in a bit of a predicament. This is the uncle no one in the family, but hubby, will have anything to do with. Hubby has been forbidden by the family, but........... This mans wife found out that hubby took him to her house and she is livid over it. I totally get where she is coming from, hubby is clueless. Her parents, I don't know why they did what they did, they should have known how their daughter was going to react. I didn't know the whole story, but I do now. I think. His wife threw him out because he was drinking so bad and being mean when he was drunk. They have been married for 25 years, he's had a girlfriend for the past 20 fo those years. The girlfriend, who is over in India, is the reason this man has no money now. He took his share of profits from the business him and his partner sold and he went to India to see this woman. Told no one he was going. Came back when he was broke. Hubby knows how I feel about a man who is married and doesn't know how to keep it in his pants. Add to that the drinking and I dont' think he was a very good husband or father. Every time I talk to hubby on the phone or at the station the uncle askes me what hubby said about him. I at first, thought he wanted to know if hubby sent a message back for him, but he wants to know everything hubby says to me about him. Like I'm going to tell him!! It's none of his business what hubby and I talk about and one day he's going to catch me in a really bad mood and I'm going to tell him about himself. He already knows I'm nothing to be messed with when I'm angry. As I was leaving last night, I walked into the oldest coming in from his girlfriends house, at 2 am. Both hubby and the uncle backed themselves up as far against the door as they could get when I let the oldest have it, lol. Hubby's more easy going than I am when it comes to that. If you tell hubby you won't do it again, hubby's ok with it. Me, I'm more of the clean the house with a toothbrush, drill sargent type of person, lol. He told hubby he wouldn't do it again ( yeah right) and hubby sent him off to bed. Me, I would have made him stay up until he had to be at work at 7 am. His sheets were just changed on the bed and the youngest and I both remade this kids bed. It hadn't been slept in because nothing was messed up in it. The kid might have gotten a few hours sleep last night, but I intend to keep him busy today so he won't have a chance to sleep.
The fool is supposed to come back today. His aunt is staying. If he actually shows I'll be suprised. Look out the next time he goes, lol. Hubby's uncle has a court date on Wednesday and hubby said if the fool was back he was going to try to get off to go to court with him. If only hubby had his license, then I could stay home that night and he could take him while I enjoy the peace and quiet. I finally complained to hubby about his uncle always cooking when it's time for me to cook. Enough is enough. He starts around 4 and isn't done until about 7. That's after taking a break to make his tea! I'm cooking tonight and he's not getting my stove or my kitchen. He's going to have to cook during the week while I'm working and be done by the time I get home. I told hubby his uncle gets one hour in the kitchen to cook, if he's not done by 5, then they won't be eating until really late, lol.

1 comment:

Estela said...

There was a quilt store in Maryland that was half quilt store/half model train store. Also meant to cater to both sexes I think. :) We are going home for Christmas this year. We're close enough to make the drive and we don't hit any bad weather on I-10, so we've committed to driving to see our parents then.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.