I'm so glad today is Friday! I'm having that gotta get away feeling already and the days just started, lol. Don't plan on doing much at work today so hopefully it will be a quiet day. Yesterday, it seemed like there was always someone there.
I finally got the baking done for the kids game tonight. I let everything cool over night so all I will have to do when I get home today is decorate the cupcakes
The kids friends mom came yesterday and got him to take him for his eye drs appt. Only problem is it's today and not yesterday, lol. When he got back he was the only kid here and I notice he's hanging in the kitchen. Now we all know there's only one reason a teenager hangs in the kitchen, lol. I asked him if he ate while he was out,he said no. So, I came up with a few options for him since I didn't cook because it was only me and my menu is very limited. But what really irritated me was that she didn't feed her kid before bringing him back. Hubby and I took this kid in because we felt bad for him and the situation he's in. We aren't charging these people anything while their kid stays here. He might be here until the holidays for all we know. Have enough decency to at least spend some time with your kid, who you haven't seen for almost a week, and feed him before you bring him back!! That just rubbed me the wrong way yesterday. Lately everything seem to rub me the wrong way.
Hubby called me at work yesterday and complained that I didn't call him to wake him up for work. My response, use an alarm clock like everyone else. I could just hear the shock and surprise on the other end of the phone. Then he starts explaining what happened the night before. Why explain, I know you were drinking and drunk dialing. He kept insisting he only had one beer with a friend who came to see him. Whatever. Just stop repeating the store over and over again. Just who are you trying to convince of what you did??
I go to the station to get the kids and hubby comes up to me and asks me how I'm feeling. I think he finally realized that I'm still in pain and that's what's making me snap at everyone. He unfortunately, is a little slow to figure that one out, lol. I think the boys clued him in because they were doing their best to avoid me to, lol.
Well, hopefully today will be a better day. I slept through the whole night. I slept so well I never heard hubby come home, lol. So, now I'm off to work. I haven't been by to any ones journals yet to comment. Still getting used to this new set up. Hopefully over the weekend.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
October
(15)
- feeling better
- Sleepless night
- Learning to say "no"
- Sunday
- Very long week!!!!
- Sunday
- In desperate need of time away
- To funny
- Monday morning blahs
- Sunday
- You know they've moved in when.........
- TGIF
- Little venting.............ok, probably a lot
- Cold dreary day and dentist
- My first entry in my new home
-
▼
October
(15)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
hello dearie! so kind of you to feed that kid. no wonder he was lingering in the kitchen. lol i would be two with all the great stuff you are always cooking!
I fed my april's fiance for the past year!. his mom made one lame attempt to acknowledge this. she invited them to eat at her house one day becuase as she quipped "your poor mother must be tired of feeding yall"
never did she send so much as a goody bag over here for her son!
but i love that boy like one of my own so i tried not to let my frustration at her get to me.
you are a good person madison!
oh God dear !! I know exactly how you feel. We are the type of women who take in orphans because their own mothers couldn't be bothered to even make a pb&j for them! I am here for you kiddo! rose
Post a Comment