Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To funny

My youngest broke a light bulb on the kitchen floor so I told him to get the vacuum and do the floor to make sure he got all the little pieces I'm sure to step on tomorrow morning. While he's vacuuming I see a huge (quarter size) spider. Now, spiders don't make me freak unless they are on me, so I told him to take the hose of the vacuum and suck the spider up. As soon as that hose came after the spider it started running as fast as all 8 of it's legs could carry it, lol. So, I took the hose and chased the spider until I got it. I held the hose up to make sure it was being sucked into the vacuum and gave it back to the youngest. Now, the youngest can scream as loud as any girl. As he turned around to finish the floor I touched the back of him and told him the spider was on him. He jumps, screams, is flailing his arms in the air, slapping and kicking at he same time. I'm laughing so hard at him I have tears in my eyes. He, on the other hand, is super upset because mom got him good, LOL.
After work I went and did a little shopping for me. Took the oldest with me only because we had to drop off some stuff the friend left here and wanted back. I only ended up going 2 stores. I thought about going other places, but I was tired and it was getting late. We get home and order pizza from the place down the road. An hour later when it was ready we got in the car to pick up the pizza and the car won't start. Won't turn over. The oldest ended up walking for the pizza. I call hubby and tell him what happened. This way he has time to think of what he's going to do. He tell me he's bringing the pickup truck home and I can take the uncles car. I tell him no, I want the truck. The youngest is listening to parts of the conversation (this was before the spider incident) and asked me what was going on.

youngest: Mom, who's car are you driving tomorrow?
me: I'm taking the pickup.
youngest: Why???? Uncle has a Lexus mom. Why don't you want to drive that? That's a nice car.
me: It's a car.
youngest: Sorry to tell ya mom, but pop pops redneck blood is coming out in you. Who would choose a pickup truck over a Lexus??
me: I would, lol.
youngest: Next thing I know you're going to be making moonshine back behind the shed( shaking his head in disbelief at me).
me: No I won't. They cut the corn down, I have to wait until next year

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love it , and I am with you take the truck the lexus is not our style lol
hugs
Sherry
http://onebiteonestepatatime.blogspot.com/

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.