Sunday, March 8, 2009

And he's off

Hubby is on his way. He left last night and should be arriving in the early morning hours on Monday, his time. Today our time since we are a day behind them. I think he got everything, lol. I haven't found anything left here. He had to borrow a suitcase, since the one he did borrow from our friends just wasn't big enough to hold everything. He weighed each one and they were both right at the weight limit, so he should be ok. I packed his carry on with his clothes. He never even looked in it. Had I known he wasn't going to look in it, I would have packed a little surprise for him in there. I did last year. We spent the last few days last week shopping, visiting, and collecting stuff people want him to take over there with him. He will probably have to spend about 5 or 6 days just delivering stuff to people over there from over here, lol. I hope he can remember everything since he didn't label anything this time. He spent most of the day Thursday shopping and going to visit his aunt, who he was supposed to visit many times and never made it . Friday night we had to do some last minute shopping and a last minute visit to a relative to borrow a suitcase . The boys went to youth group so we dropped them and off we went. The plan was to shop first, visit, and then eat. Well, by the time we got to eat it was close to 9 pm. I was so hungry since I worked a late day and the last time I had eaten was an noon. We went to this Chinese place that doesn't use the MSG in their food and ate inside. Well, I ate everything, I was so hungry, lol!! We had to hit walmart after that for just one more thing. Walmart was great because no body was in there. It was the fastest I was ever in and out of that store, lol.

I've been totally exhausted this whole entire week. Yesterday, after I dropped hubby with the friend he was going with, I did a little shopping and then home. Pebbles was having an awesome one day sale. I went in for one thing, but ended up getting the boys each a t-shirt to. They wanted shoes to since they were buy one at regular price and get the second for half. I really didn't have the extra money and didn't want to use the credit card hubby left me. As it turned out the oldest couldn't find a shoe that was on sale and in his size so they didn't get. They got t-shirts instead from the clearance rack and an extra 25% off the already 75% off price. These t-shirts were like close to $30.00 and we got them for $5.00 each. In total I spent $30.00 and got a handful of coupons for next weekends sale. 25% off regular price, sale price and clearance. I'll go back and let the boys each get a pair of jeans off the clearance racks. The youngest wanted a pair of jeans to, but I just didn't have the extra. I kept trying to explain that now that hubby is away money will be tight since it's only my paycheck. He just doesn't understand, or doesn't want to. Don't know which it is.

Well, Friday I had to work late and had to deal with my lady's granddaughter. What a real $^&&*!! She came in the door cursing and screaming and immediately runs to the phone and starts yelling and cursing and screaming at someone on the phone. Gets off the phone and starts complaining about the house smelling like old people and sprays everything she can find,I think, in an aerosol can. Then sprays perfume on top of that. She goes off in her room and in a few minutes comes out and starts complaing about the old people smell and starts spraying again. She does this about 5 times. This repetitive behavior is what makes me think she really has some mental issues going on. Then she gets on the phone and calls her mom and asks if she can open a window because the house stinks. Guess so, you sprayed everything you could get your hands on. She's got me coughing, sneezing and what not. My lady is over there sneezing. I had such a headache by the time I left. It does no good to say anything to this kid because if she knows it bothers you she will keep doing it. If you say nothing, it will stop sooner. I did complain to the office and told them that was the absolute last time I work late and have to deal with that kid. They said they would talk to the mother, but that will get no where. This kid tells her mother what to do. Mom has lost total control over this kid. I hope to be out of there by the time school is out.

The rest of the weekend I have to take care of things that I haven't gotten to during the week. I will get caught up with the laundry tomorrow, and have to get things organized for the rest of the week. As usual, I haven't cracked my book most of this week. I did take it to work with me on Friday, but didn't get much done. I'm going to try to get the rest of the reading done and then I can work with the cd hopefully most of tomorrow.

I realized my parents birthdays are this month, lol. I did get a card for my father who's birthday is Wednesday. I'll send that out on Monday. I have to work on my moms gift though. I started working on washcloths for her, but the one I had more than half way done I got lost in and had to rip the whole thing out and start over. It had a praying hands design in it, but somewhere around the finger part I did something I shouldn't have done. I want to make her 2 more, one with a butterfly design and the other one out of chenille yarn which I think will be really soft. She'll never use them as wash cloths, but I think they will be pretty just to have around. She loves pink so the praying hands and the butterfly ones are going to be made out of shades of pink and the chenille one will be done out of a soft gray I have. They should look really pretty together and they'll be easy to mail. I just have to sit down and really work on them, lol. And then there's hubby's vest I want to have done by the time he gets back. It will probably be to warm for him to actually wear it much, but it will be done and I'll be able to start on his sweaters he's bringing wool back for.

Made it to church this morning. I was one of the few who didn't get stuck in the driveway in the mud. A lot of people got stuck and backed out and went and parked in the driveway of the rectory. I really do hope they smooth it out before Wednesday's Bible study meeting. Got lucky once, don't want to test it a second time. Or a third for that matter, lol.

Well, I think that's everything that's been going on lately. Now, to get organized and see what I can get accomplished with the rest of this day.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.