Monday, March 2, 2009

What a night

Hubby came home last night and informed me that he was going to the city, then. The last I had heard was he was going on Wednesday with a friend. He said the friend, a young guy he used to work with, was going into the city because his father was supposed to be flying out today. This guy called him as he was on his way here. Ok........ I briefly thought about going since I'm off on Mondays, but it's cold, snow's coming and the thought of walking around the city in the cold and possible snow, just didn't appeal to me. Then the the thought ran through my mind that I get, for once, to stay home all day while it snows. I usually end up having to drive in the snow at some point, and really don't care for it.

Well.................. I get a phone call around 4 am. I knew it was hubby, I was just thinking he forgot to tell me something that needed to be done. Nope. They were in an accident. Slid off the road, in the truck, and into a ditch. He assured me they were all ok. There were 4 of them, hubby and my oldest, the friend and one of his friends. The friend was driving. Well, the truck's not ok. We did have it towed out of the ditch and they drove it home, but it has a lot of damage. I haven't looked at it in the daylight yet, not sure I want to. But the main thing, is they are all ok. Very shook up and scared, but fine physically. Thankfully, they were all wearing their seat belts to. I did ask the friend what got into him to want to go into the city today, on the heels of a major snow storm. He wanted to combine the two trips in one, take hubby and see his father off. I didn't give him to much of a hard time because he's only like 21 or 22, and he's been a really good friend to hubby. He's one of those people who will do anything for you if he likes you. Hubby and I are like his adopted parents. So, by 6 am we were all home, finally. The roads last night were very deceiving. They looked like they just had a powdery covering of snow on them, but when you went to stop, it was slippery. Not sure if hubby's going to try to go into the city again before he goes to India or not. We were talking last night and I was telling hubby that it seems like every time he plans on a trip to India, things like this start. He actually looked at me like he "got it" this time. So, now we are down to one vehicle, again, and I have to get up during the night to get him from work. Ugh. That's so hard on my body the first few nights. I just walk around all day feeling totally exhausted. I do come home and take a nap after work. I'm no spring chicken anymore, lol.

Well, we got fuel early this morning, one less worry, and it's snowing like crazy here. The prediction is for 9"-12" of snow for us. It's an all day event so we may just get it. There's about 5" or 6" out there already. According to the calender, we have 17 more days until spring. March can be so so, but at least that's the half way point through the month, and April has to get a little better, lol.

2 comments:

Rose said...

oh yeah this winter has been a snowy mess! common on spring!!

Heli gunner Tom said...

Not to use the comments area for a email service... but your comment about Babylon in Rev. refers to the 'World Empire of False religion.' I don't know everything but I have been a serious student of the Bible for the past 40 years and a deacon in one church.
I am happy to know that you love the Lord Jesus and the Word!
Take care.

Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.