The suns shining (finally) and I actually feel pretty good. It's Friday, and in a few hours, my weekend starts, lol.
Last night was the last knitting class until October. UGH! I always think it ends way to early, lol. So does everyone else, lol. But, this year, a few of us are going to meet at different peoples houses. I don't know how long, but I'm in! I've been working on a vest for hubby, slowly. Very slowly. Well, I discovered last night that I somehow, messed up the design in it. I had to rip out 6" of the vest :( I was really upset, but like everyone told me, I had to do the front and, in the long run, I won't be happy unless it's right. And they're right. By the time I start to work on the front piece, I'll probably have the pattern right, and well, it just won't look right. So, third attempt for this. I'm determined that I'm going to do this thing, even if it takes me years and years to do it, lol. But, the only good thing about this is I'll NEVER knit another thing with such a complicated design in it, lol! Hubby better wear this vest until it's full of holes, all the aggravation it's causing me! If I had enough of the wool, I would just knit him a solid one and be done with it, but I don't and this is wool he brought back from India last year, so I have to make what the wool was intended for.
I also need to work on moms washcloths for her birthday. I'm still working on the one, I also had to rip out and start over. All this ripping out lately must be lack of concentration on my part. Or fatigue.
I finally have a number to reach hubby with. Took a little doing, because he forgot to give me the country and city codes. Had to look them up on the computer. Since when did the phone books stop putting that in the book?? But, I used the only calling card I had and we had a nice chat. It was good because the connection was clear, no fading in and out, no recalling and recalling over and over, and he was just getting up, and my day was ending, and neither of us was in a rush. There was even enough time to to talk to the boys. He has an account with a long distance phone company that he can just pay so much money and I don't need to use a calling card to call him. Well, I was on the phone with them the other night trying to recharge his account and they just refused to let me. Asked me all kinds of information. Most of this information they already had because I would start to give my address and they guy would finish it for me. Same with the phone numbers. I gave every phone number we have, hubby's uncles phone numbers and hubby's work number. The guy told me none of those numbers are the numbers hubby used to register with. Well, he had me so angry I told him what he could do with his company and hung up on him. I told hubby he had to set this account up because for some reason I'm just allowed. I told hubby all the problems I had. He couldn't understand why the home number wasn't working. So I told him it was probably because the account is in his name only and I'm not an Indian man. So, in the next few days he's going to try to get it working for me. I told him to give them a hard time for giving his wife a hard time, lol.
The weekend's looking busy. We are having a pot luck for a new missionary on Sunday, so that means cooking and baking all day on Saturday. I figure, since the oldest has to work Saturday morning, I would try to get all the cooking for Sunday done by early afternoon, then we can head to Peebles and use the coupons we have. 25% off anything in the store. I figure if they shop off the clearance rack, and the youngest can get his jeans, that were marked down to $15.oo, he can get them cheaper with the coupon. I know they want shoes, but I think we should wait until they have another buy one get one half sale. I would rather see them get jeans or an outfit instead of shoes. Shoes aren't really a need. Jeans for the oldest are. Christmas I bought the oldest jeans in a 29, which is really hard to find anyway. Well, the other day he informs me that the 29's are to tight around his waist, he wants a 30. So all of a sudden he gains an inch?? The kids been a 29 like, forever!! So, ok, clearance racks and Salvation Army here we come, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
March
(16)
- Lazy day
- Very productive weekend, so far
- All played out
- Frustrated
- Sssoooooooo cold today!!
- So much to do, so little time
- Another sunny day
- Getting sick, AGAIN
- Feelin good
- Muddled thoughts
- Dreary day
- And he's off
- Ssssoooooooo tired!!
- Someone sent me this and what better way to pass i...
- What a night
- Random thoughts
-
▼
March
(16)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment