Sunday, March 22, 2009

So much to do, so little time

This whole weekend has been sssooooo busy. So has this week as a matter of fact. It seems I'm working harder when I'm off than when I'm at work, lol. I've spent the past 2 days running into town. Seems I always forget something while I'm there, then have to run back the next day. I used to be good at getting everything all on the one day I go into town. Not anymore.

This week has been really full of drama at work. It's not happening to me personally, but I do know about it. It's things I've suspected since I've been there, but if I don't see it, there's nothing I can really do about it. Anyway, the person who is witnessing these things is telling me about all this stuff. We had a chat on Thursday, about something that happened on Wednesday, and my personal opinion, I would have contacted whoever I needed to contact. That day. Never, never would I have sat and witnessed this and not said anything. All this stuff has us caught in the middle and there's a fine line there, but still wrong actions are wrong actions. I talked again to her about saying something on Friday, but I'm not sure about her. I think she's not going to say anything. She's retiring next month and wants to stay on this case and not have to find another one. This is steady work. If we are taken off the case, the work might not be so steady. I see her point. Then if the case is closed, we are both out of a job, for now, and like she reminded me, my hubby is away and I'm living on one paycheck right now to. So, if she says nothing, then I'll ask for another case, and maybe, maybe after she's left, I'll come clean about what happened. She will be gone, but I'll still be there and I don't want no problems if someone who replaces her witness the same things. Or maybe I'll just take the 2 months the kids are out of school off, and come back when they go back. Don't know. I have to talk this over with hubby when he gets back.

Hubby's been working on his fathers house a lot lately it seems. He wants to get 2 rooms done before he comes back. For months now, his father has been begging him to get this house done and now that hubby's there, his father only wants 2 rooms worked on because he doesn't have the money right now to finish the whole thing. I would want this thing done. It's been 2 years now that this house has been in the works. This would make me crazy, lol. Hubby's mom is supposed to have knee surgery sometime this week I believe and than the week after hubby is going to have dental work done. He's having something done that our insurance won't cover. And, I've decided that I'm going to go through that nasty process of having another plate made for my teeth. All I have to say on that subject is they better not lose this one!! I was looking at the calender and if I can start the first week of April, there are 5 Thursdays in April, hopefully, I'll have my teeth by the end of the month. Or shortly after.

The weather here today has been really strange. We've had almost everything. Clouds, sun, snow showers, and very windy. It was rather mild this morning and by this afternoon, the temps had dropped, a lot. Enough to turn the heat back on.

Hubby's uncle had called one day last week saying he's coming for his car. Yes!!! So, we were outside trying to start it since I never knew where the keys were and the battery was beyond dead. Three tries later and with the neighbors help, we got it started. As it was running, I decided to close the door, the car stalled. Ok. Start it again, push the gas, it stalled again. So, finally we just left it sit idling, for like an hour, lol. I guess the battery's charged enough because I was able to move it. I turned it off, and turned it on again, and it started with no problem. So, now I have to remember to start it every day now. Uncle called and said he wasn't coming tomorrow, and maybe not any day this week. Of course, I did all the shopping the past 2 days, thinking I had to sit home on Monday waiting for him. Of course he's not coming.

Knitting is officially over the now, but a group of us are getting together to knit at different houses. It was so much fun. The woman who's house we met at has just lost her father in February. She lost her mother in October, so she's had a really hard time of it. I think us getting together, at her house, was really good for her. This other woman who came had some really awful news. She had gone to the docs because of a pain, and they did some tests and she was told she was terminally ill. By the pa. She went to a different doc, who apologized to her because the pa should have never come right out and told her what she thought it was. He explained a lot of things to her, assured her that, yes somethings going on, but there's a slim to none chance that's what it is. She walked in the door and hit us with that news and we were all floored. She is having other tests done and a biopsy on Tuesday to be sure, but by the end of the night we were all acting silly and had her laughing to. So maybe, it was good for both of them. The last woman who came is just one of those people who just says whatever she's thinking. She's also very forgetful,but really super nice and lots of fun to be around. It's a really good group. We all make each other forget our troubles, lol.

I have spent the weekend working on my house. Inside. Something about milder temps makes me want to clean, really well. I want to get outside, but I want things changed around in my house to. So I tacked the sun room this weekend. Rearranged things so there's more room out there, bought new covers for the sofa and love seat, and washed and changed the curtains. Looks like a new room, lol. I have some things to change in my room tomorrow and pics to get up. That's about it for tomorrow. One of these days has to feel like I was actually off, lol.

Never made it to church today, just to much work left in the house. To many things out of place make me crazy. I would have worked on things most of the night, but after moving furniture, I was exhausted! So I tried to stay awake through the Nora Roberts movie that was on last night.

Well dinners ready so time for me to go.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Sounds like a tough situation at work Madison.
Commit it to the Lord 's hand, pray about it. He will work things out.

If its injustice and abuse, then its a different matter.

Glad you go to this knitting circle. Our problems and difficulties affect each other so much.

Your in-laws need your husband and according to our tradition and values he eems to be doing his duty. God will reward you for this.
Have a good week.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.