It's Wednesday, two more days and the work week is over for me. I'm glad because I've been coming home from work so tired. I was even told this morning that I looked tired. Don't know why, I slept really well last night. Usually, I hear the door open and hubby come in, not last night. Never even felt him crawl in bed, I was so out. I did get up ready to go this morning, very unusual for me since I'm not a morning person.Since today is Wednesday I went to my favorite shop. It's half price day. Gotta love that!! Left for work early so I could shop first. Glad I did, the place was packed! Usually I go after work, but all the good stuff is gone by then. Went this morning and did really well, I thought. They had a huge selection of buttons I spied as I was waiting in line to check out. Might go back on Friday to look at them. I have a sleeveless top I'm knitting and need buttons to form the waist. About 20 or so. Since Wally world no longer carries buttons, and I really don't want to buy from a yarn shop, I'm kind of stuck for now. But, going before work meant that I got to go straight home from work. I get home and I'm feeling like I don't know what to do because it seems like it's been so long since I've just come straight home. That's sad, sad I get so busy that when I do have free time I don't know what to do with it. Sad I can't relax.
Got all my reading caught up for school last night. So proud of myself, lol! I don't schedule reading for Wednesday or Thursday nights, so don't have to worry about any of that until Friday again. My girlfriend called me last night and told me her husband is working the next 4 days and she wants company! I don't remember what town he works in, I just remember it's like a 2 1/2 hour drive each way, so when he's working more than one day he just stays there. Makes sense, I wouldn't want that long drive everyday. But I understand the loneliness during these long winter nights to. She attends the church that holds the knitting classes. Since she found out that's where I go she always asks about it. I told her more than anything it's time away from the boys. That she gets because she never gets any time away from her kids. Gonna have to plan a day away when her husbands home for a few days, get her out and away for a while. I think she'll feel better.
The pics of the flooding I posted the other day, well, the next day, Tuesday I think, the water was all gone. Behind us is a farm. The farm has a pond on it, rather close to us because the kids in the area all go swimming there in the summer. It's within walking distance. When that pond overflows with to much rain, or melting snow, or both , it flows towards us. I've seen it overflow to the point that the road I live on, has been flooded out. I'm not the only one who gets flooded out by this pond. About 10 houses or so, get it.
Hubby's cousin has moved out of the house he's renting, and moved back into the apt on top of the station. The kid who works there has gone to a boarding house for the next month. The boarding house is just across the street. Him and the oldest go there and play pool sometimes. After all this the cousins wife is still insisting on going back to India. She's only been here 2 months. She insists she can't stay here. She complains because there are no servants here for her. Well, this is a different country, I kind of thought her husband would have explained how things work here. Hubby's angry with her because she wanted me to come and clean her house and do her laundry for her. Hubby told her I have more than enough to do, I don't need anymore. He told her to do it herself. Well, glad he stood up for me. Hubby finally started packing some of his stuff today. I now have half my sofa back, lol!! He has a small carry on left and says the stuff that's left will fit in that. I told him he needs another suitcase because all that stuff isn't going to fit!
No plans for the weekend. If I go see my friend Friday then I get all of Saturday to laze around the house and do whatever I want. Hope I can and not be walking around bored because I have nothing to do, lol!!
No comments:
Post a Comment