Saturday, January 9, 2010

My reward

Since I had to get to the bank this morning before it closed, I decided to go into town and do some of the food shopping. For some reason, this week we need so much. Seems like we are out of just about everything. I usually shop every week, but don't know how we sometimes get to this point. Anyway, the high for the day was a whole 12 degrees!! In my town it was cold, but not a lot of wind so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. When I got into town, which is usually warmer, it was so windy! Brrrrr, almost made me sorry I went out today. But, half the shopping is done. The other half we will do tomorrow after church. Hubby agreed to go shopping with me. The youngest wants a new computer for his birthday. His birthday is Thursday. He's agreed to pay half, so we will look to see what's out there and for what price. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 20's. Not as cold, ha!

I spent 6 hours last night working on class and most of the afternoon today working as well. My reward is I'm finally ahead to the point where I don't have to do anything tomorrow. So glad! Last night I was reading and reading and thought for sure I was like into the middle of my reading for next week, or possibly to next weekend. Well, when I looked, I was only up to Monday's reading. Talk about disappointed! So I decided to push it today and see how far I actually could get. Of course, the laundry isn't getting put away and there's another load in the dryer waiting for me to get to. Tomorrow, maybe.

Stayed up late last night to see hubby. Mainly, I need my back and shoulders rubbed. They were aching so bad. When I stay up that late the next day I'm so off. I'm tired all day and just feel out of sorts. And the shoulders are aching again anyway. I used to have hubby rub either my shoulders or feet every night he got home from work. Might have to start that again. There for a while my feet were aching all the time. I switch shoes every day. Just can not wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. That's for sure, asking for achie feet.

Haven't watched tv at all this week, been reading instead. Finished the one book I started over the summer, but then just put it down and never really got back to it. It wasn't that it wasn't interesting, it was, just didn't make time for it I guess.

At this point I'm feeling the day, so time to veg on the sofa. Sure hope there's something good on tv tonight!

2 comments:

LYN said...

I'VE BEEN READING A LOT TOO..CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR SOME GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS...;-)

Amrita said...

Our temps in the 40s and for us also its cold outside.

I 'd rather read than watch TV too.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.