As I was driving to work this morning I found myself thinking I was wishing it was like March or April already. I'm wishing for warmer temps and to see the flowers and trees and things start to come to life. I don't know why, I don't like heat and humidity, and it's only January, but I'm longing for some sunshine. Maybe that's the problem, to many cloudy days and not enough sunny ones. The woman I work for has all her blinds closed and doesn't let any light or sun in at all. Makes me feel like I'm working in a cave.Hubby's already doing his shopping and packing for India. He doesn't even have a ticket yet! Think the mans ready to go or what?? He plans to spend Saturday shopping for himself and working on the list the relatives over there have started to give him. I'm already dreading his leaving.
A friend of mine posted a pic of themselves from a while ago. It seems to have brought up a lot of old memories, and I'm finding myself wondering "why". Things might have been so different. Been struggling with a lot of that lately. Knitting starts up again next week and I'm glad. Maybe I just need some female socialization. Maybe I just need to laugh and have fun and forget. Maybe I need a trip back to NJ.
Was at the station after work today. Hubby's cousin is remodeling the apt upstairs, new kitchen, new bathroom, new carpeting. His wife is still refusing to stay in the house they rented so I guess, since she'll stay in the upstairs apt, that's where they are going to live. When she found out hubby's leaving soon, she told hubby to take all her stuff back to India with him. He told her no, her life is here now with her husband.
Did the white elephant last night after Bible study. It was a lot of fun. I've never been to one. Even the boys enjoyed it and the they didn't want to go either. I really wasn't in the mood, had my mind other places, places it really shouldn't have been, but went anyway. The longer I sat there and tried to concentrate, the more relaxed I became. I just felt like I was where I was supposed to be. By the end of the night, I was having fun and forgetting everything that was on my mind when I walked in there.
The way the white elephant works is anyone who wants to participate brings in a wrapped gift. The catch is, it's something you don't want anymore, which could be anything. The more obscure the objects the better. Everyone picks a number. The person with number one gets to choose a gift and unwrap it in the "hot seat" in front of everyone. That person goes and sits down. Everyone after that also has to pick and unwrap in front of everyone, except if they don't like what they got they can choose something that anyone else has. When everyone has had their turn then the person who was number one gets their choice of anything anyone else has. Let me see if I remember what all was brought; a personal fan, "gas relief," knitted table cover, some kind of twirly thing that goes outside, an outside lamp, box of hangers, old transistor radios, pair of unmatched windshield wipers, 3 totally empty boxes, nature cassette tapes, coffee can of pens and markers, office supplies, purse, baby doll, book, safety goggles, and I think that's about it. My oldest got to go first. He got the package that had 3 empty boxes in it. I got a kids toy watch, traded it for a tea light and dish. The youngest got a baby chick that peeps when you touch the bottom, he traded with me for the tea light. The woman who got the coffee can with pens and markers traded with me for the baby chick. One of the elders traded with my oldest for the empty boxes. The elder got the twirly thing. Someone else got a box of hangers and traded with the oldest for the twirly thing. His wife had a fit because that was the gift they brought, LOL!! His wife got the "gas relief." Odd thing was, she kept it, lol. At the end the oldest traded his box of hangers for the baby chick. He thought the cat would like it. She does, she bats it around.
When it's rolling it peeps! All in all it was a lot of fun. By the time we got home it was almost 9pm. The elder did draw our attention to the clock about 8pm and said next week he didn't want to see anyone yawning during Bible study next week, because no one's yawning now, lol!
1 comment:
THe white elephant sounds a lot of fun.
There is another game similar to it called the mystery gift.
Sorry to hear about the cousin 's wife. Seems she is unhappy. wonder what the problem is?
Maybe she is homesick for India???
Post a Comment