Headed off to church this morning.................and promptly got stuck in the driveway, lol! When I was there on Wednesday, I used the "in" driveway and as soon as I turned I hit a big chunk of snow, and that made it rather difficult getting up the driveway. Seems like everything is on a hill in this state! I made it up with some slipping and sliding. Boys thought for sure I was going to get stuck. Oldest in the front seat: Mom, you're going to get stuck!! Youngest in the backseat: I ain't diggin you out (he says grumbling). I made it up without getting stuck. So, I'm thinking this morning that I would try the "out" driveway. It looked cleaner and I might have better luck. NOT! It was worse. I was slipping and sliding so much that I went into the side of the driveway. You know, the part where the snow banks are. A quarter of the way up and I can't move. No forward, no backward. The oldest gets out and tells me which way to turn the wheel to get out of the snow bank. I finally can move so I back all the way down to the road. No traffic so I'm thinking I'll just back onto the road and use the other driveway. Of course, I'm in the wrong lane and over the top of the hill comes a car. But, just stopped and let be back up and get a running start and up the driveway I went. Some slipping and sliding, but not like the other side. The youngest was in the car and he's like, geez mom, you doing 60 up the driveway?? My response: We got up didn't we? LOL As it turns out I was being watched from inside. After church he came up to me and told me. Said he was just about to get some help for me when I backed all the way down the driveway and came flying around the other side, lol. Ok, at least I wasn't going to be stranded, lol. Told hubby we need either snow tires on my car (hubby says next year) or I need something that I can't get stuck, since I do that very well in this car. Come to think of it, every car I've ever had I've managed to get stuck in the snow. Ya think the man would get the point????
Finished the food shopping at wally world. Hubby also started his India shopping. We are almost done and hubby has to hit the jewelery section. Every year this man takes watches over. Every year. He bought 2 today. I look at a necklace and hubby looks at me and tells me not to buy out the whole store. Hum...........like he should talk. I bought food, that's it. I looked at a lot of stuff but didn't buy. We had other people with us and they wanted pizza. We ordered a whole one and while we were waiting we went into Peebles. I've been wanting a warmer coat but can't find exactly what I want. Peebles had a really nice moleskin coat, they were 50% off, but I didn't like the colors. Hubby said they were $100 at 50% off and I thought they were $50 at 50% off. Either way he told me if I wanted one to go ahead and buy one. I was shocked, but I didn't get one. That was the only style there I did like. I'll just keep looking after all it's January and I might find something I like clearanced.
1 comment:
Oh you all have such a hard time driving in the winter in the snow.
Watches make nice gifts in India I suppose- easy I should say. Otherwise we have all kinds of watches available here.
Post a Comment