Thursday, January 28, 2010

Venting...........airing my dirty laundry


I'm one of those people who if you have something to tell me that's not going to go over well with me, drop hints to me before you slap me between the eyes with it, because, otherwise, my reaction is not a very good one. Apparently, someone in the family doesn't know this, or just refused to acknowledge this.
I've been wondering why hubby has been calling me and being extra nice, to me. He was the bearer of the news. Called me, said what he had to say, and that was that. He couldn't even tell me this in person. And him and the other family member have been talking and planning this for a while. Never once did either one of them say a word to me. I never saw it coming. That irritates me to. The fact that they got together and worked this out irritates me to. The fact that hubby is ok with this irritates me to. The fact that hubby is willing to take responsibility for any problems irritates me to.
My oldest has decided to move out. Never said a word to me. Talked everything over with hubby. Maybe hubby told me by phone because he thought it was safer for him. The kid has no real job, no real income, no drivers license, because he'd rather play video games than study for the drivers test, and he wants to move out. He's still going to school and needs to finish his education first. I always told him, both of them, they can live in my house as long as they want while they are in school. Once you finish, then you need to find a job and be on your own. It that wrong?? I had to pay rent at home as soon as I was working. I was working at 16 and had to give part of my babysitting money to my parents. The oldest worked all summer long and his money went right into a savings account. Any money he makes at the station is put into his savings account. He gets a roof over his head, food, heat, ac, and all his own money put away.
I understand the wanting to leave. I don't want my kids living with me into their 30's, but I do want them to be capable of taking care of themselves when they move out. The oldest told hubby he wants to move out because he can't play his video games at home all the time. And he thinks he can play his video games all the time when he moves out?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!??! Who does he thing is going to support him?????? I told hubby it won't last long, hubby says he thinks so, so maybe hubby knows more than I do on this. Hubby doesn't think he will be back. Well, if the kid can make it on his own, great, but I don't think he's responsible enough. I always thought they would move out when they were financially responsible. He isn't. I thought he would move out when he was done school. Guess I was wrong. I guess the first one moving out is the hardest. We'll see how I feel after I've slept on it and it starts to sink in some, because right now, I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only at hubby. but at both of them, especially the oldest not being mature and man enough to face me.
No knitting tonight because of the weather. I work up this morning to about 2" of snow on my car. The closer I got to work, the less snow there was. Work had about a coating and that was it. I ended up leaving work late, again!! In a matter of minutes the sky got dark and it started snowing like crazy. The roads were covered in a matter of minutes it seemed like. Normally, it takes me 3o minutes to get home, today it took me almost an hour. There was this car in front of me and every time we would go down a hill, the car would put their brakes on, which meant I had to use my brakes. It was slippery, I could feel it. I just kept wishing that the car would stop doing that. So, as I was going up a hill I would ease off the gas, so going down I didn't have to use my brakes as much. Got packages at the post office, going to have to wait until tomorrow though, the roads were no good at all. I was even a few cars back behind a snow plow.
Hubby's called twice since I've been home. He never calls me that much. Wonder why............... Since knitting was cancelled for tonight, it's been rescheduled for Saturday morning. I just might find myself there.

2 comments:

LYN said...

WOW..I WOULD BE UPSET TOO...

Amrita said...

I can understand why this has upset you.

But perhaps oldest will learn a few lessons of life through this.In India this does not happen. We have joint families too.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.