Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beautiful day

Such a nice day here today. This whole week has been rather cloudy, and yesterday and today have been sunny and just really nice. I did all my errands yesterday so I could stay home most of today. It feels good to come home put on sloppy clothes and just do nothing knowing there is really no place I have to be.

We went to see hubby's uncle yesterday. Well, I didn't but hubby and uncles friend did. Lets just day this experience is something I hope I don't ever have to go through with anyone close to me. Morning visiting hours are from 9 to 11 am. We had to be up by 6:30 and ready to walk out the door by 7:30 to meet the friend at 8:30 to register to see the uncle by 9 am. It takes us an hour to get to that area, then another 20 minutes to the place. I think the actual visiting time is only about 30 minutes, by the time they go through their thing.

At first hubby's uncle was upset that he came to see him. Can you believe it? Hubby asked him why he didn't contact anyone and his excuse was he doesn't have access to a phone. I'm sure he can use a pay phone to call. Someone. Then he tells hubby to tell his family where he is ( like hubby didn't already) and that he's ok. We still aren't sure of the real reason why he's locked up. They story he told hubby is almost the same story he told the lawyer when he was arrested for drinking and driving the first time. I'm sorry, but I really don't believe the cops just go out looking for people. I think you have to do something to get their attention. He swears he wasn't drinking this time. I don't know. He was telling hubby that on Tuesday they are moving him to another place where he has to go to school and can maybe work during the day, after he does this schooling for 2 months. Now, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he must have to take a class about drinking and driving. I know in this state that if you are caught, you have to before you can get your licence back. Hubby did say his licence is probably gone for a long time now and that he has court next month. I'm still thinking he violated his probation somehow and that's why he's in jail now. Then before hubby leaves he tells hubby to come and see him every week. He's bored. Well, if he would have behaved himself, he wouldn't be in this situation right now and he wouldn't be bored. Hubby thinks maybe every other week or so. This man just doesn't realize how hard this is to do this. Hubby closes the station at 2:30 - 3:00 am. Sleeps for a few hours, then has to get up and travel over an hour, just for a 30 minute visit?? By the time we get home it's close to noon and hubby has to be at work again at 2:30. It's hard on him. I've noticed since he's been back, he's not as energetic as he used to be. The man's slowing down, and he's always so tired. Some days he worries me.

Well, I'm going to go lazy outside on the swing and maybe think about looking through my fabric stash to see what I have for my dress. I also have tons of beads. Maybe I'll see what I have and work on some earrings or a necklace or something.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.