It seems I manage to make it on here weekly lately. Hubby's home, the weather is nice, and things are busy. When I get home from work, after sitting inside, the last thing I want to do is stay in my house. I like to get outside when the weather is nice. Not that it's any good for my allergies. I suffer for it some days. Yesterday ended up being nice and cool in the afternoon after a brief thunderstorm. It pushed the humidity out and got nice and very windy! A really cool wind, lol. I know, I was outside in it. But, my allergies weren't bothering me so I thought I would be ok. Well, today is another story. I feel like crap right now. It seems like they snuck up on me over night. I still have some singular the doc gave me from last year, but I'm not suffering enough to start taking it. I hate the fact that I have to take this every day until the first killing frost. So, I'm going to go and get some local honey, and try that. I use honey in my tea every morning anyway. I don't expect to have any relief this year, but maybe next, since it has to build up over time, but it's better than taking something that has a lot of side effects that I, quite honestly, just don't want to deal with. And, it can make you sleepy. So, I can take that everyday and still walk around in an allergy haze. I've tried the otc non drowsy allergy meds. And I don't get sleepy, not even at bed time. I end up having to take something to make me sleep. Not an option for me either.
Saturday night the youngest brought in flowers for me. I don't know what they were, except they were very fragrant. Set my allergies right off. Since he put them on the kitchen table, I held my breath and took them outside before church set them on the picnic table, lol. But, I had to breathe and it was enough to set my allergies off. Since we were headed out the door to church, I had to stop at a store to get some benadryl. I had to take it on the way to church. Well, I was in a fog anyway from all the sneezing. I really should have just stayed home and went back to sleep, but I didn't. Yesterday was a nice day, comfortable temp, with high humidity. We got to church and they had the heat on in the church! Could not believe it. I thought maybe just to take the chill off from the night, but it stayed on for the whole service. The boys were fanning themselves, because they were hot. Me, I was comfortable, I wore flip flops and a sleeveless top. Because I know better! Anyway, the boys were concerned because I was sneezing and sniffling and coughing and what not. They carried all my stuff except my car keys. I had them. Service is over and I'm searching through my purse for my car keys. No keys. I'm in a haze, so I could have done anything with them. The youngest goes and looks in the car thinking I might have left them in there. Nothing. I'm almost positive I carried them in with me. Could I have dropped them? Can't remember what I did with them. So, finally, I think maybe they are on the floor. I stand up and there they are, behind the cushion where I was sitting, lol. So, it's going to be that kind of day.
Get home after church and decide I really need to have a nap so this groggy feeling will leave. I lay down in the bed and close the bedroom door because I just want quiet. I very rarely close the bedroom door. So, after a while, I hear hubby trying to open the door. He can't get it open. That's odd, did I lock it? I turn the knob, and as I'm turning and pulling, I find the knob in my hand, lol. Ask hubby if he's still on the other side, because I have the door knob in my hand and can't open the door. He still can't open the door either. So, I crawl out our bedroom window, since I'm panicking that I'm locked in. Our house is all one floor, with the deck being right outside our bedroom window. I come around the house and when I get inside, there's hubby and the oldest, laughing hysterically, because they think I'm still inside the bedroom, lol. They ended up having to take the whole doorknob off to open the door. Hubby seems to think maybe the knob on that side was loose since I like to hang stuff on the knob. Maybe, I don't know. They put the knob back on and it's working fine. Don't know what happened. Guess it was just that kind of day, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Last day
- Glad it's over............
- Friday
- Thought wrong.............
- Such a pretty day.......................
- tiring weekend
- Much better day
- Geez, everyone left in a hurry!
- Wednesday
- Nice day
- It's going to be one of those days...........
- The weekend is here!!
- Finally, some rain
- New beginnings
- Beautiful day
- Blue mood for a Friday
- Feeling bombarded
- Dragging like it's a Monday
- Don't know where the time has gone
-
▼
June
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
Study Herbs! I heard that bee pollen helps allergies but it's easy to check by getting a good herb book or using the Inter Net. I believe that herbs [and God of course] are the reason that I am still alive.
Hope you feel better, dear heart.
Cordially, Hugs,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin
Jesus is Lord.
Post a Comment