Sunday, June 21, 2009

tiring weekend

I've gotten a lot accomplished this weekend, and now I'm tired, lol! Yesterday we did all the errands and some weeding in the garden. I discovered there's a groundhog feasting on my veggies, lol! It got to all the lettuce, which was ready to pick, broccoli, cauliflower, and the kale. Out of the herb garden it started on the dill. We have a fence up, but it dug right under the fence. So...................now I have to figure out how to get rid of it. Today the youngest saw 3 of them in the garden. Again, they dug under, but in a different spot. I've seen a ground hog around a lot, going from the high weeds at the back of the neighbors property across to the other neighbors high weeds on their property. We did ask the next door neighbor on the one side to cut his down and he told hubby he could do it. Hubby does mow for this neighbor, since he doesn't have much of a lawn, so hubby is slowly going to work on it. We never had this problem before. I've looked for ways to keep them away, but other than trapping, there really doesn't seem to be much you can do. Of course, we have the option of redoing the fences around the gardens, but it's kind of late for that this year. I have some empty flower boxes so I'll have to put the lettuce in that. Up on the deck, lol.
I went through and made a list of everything I want do get done around the house. I got the sun room cleaned today. What a job! I love that room, but it just seems like it's a dust and dirt magnet out there, lol. Everything's cleaned and looks nice. Even washed and dried the cover on the sofa. Aired the pillows out, until it started to rain. But, I'm happy with it. I'm thinking I should have taken this whole week off. So much to do. The hardest part is going to be all the cooking, since I have to make both American and Indian food. I'm trying to do light, salad type things since it's supposed to be in the 80's over the weekend. As of now it's not looking like any rain for the weekend at all, but it's still early yet.
Hubby went to church with us this morning. I could tell he really didn't want to go, but he went anyway. He's been saying he would go all month, so I told him he had to go today and then he's done for the month, lol. Not a lot of people in church this morning. Service was quicker than normal and everyone just seemed tired. I was talking and next thing I know hubby's gone. I look out the window and there he is, in the car, eyes shut, lol. He came home and I gave him his gifts and then he took a nap. He was snoring in no time.
I promised him Indian food for dinner, so the chicken is cooking and the cauliflower is done. After the dishes, I'm done to. The youngest is folding clothes, last load for the day in the dryer and after dinner dishes, I'm relaxing for the night. I've gotten no knitting done this week. I can't believe tomorrow is Monday and my 4 day weekend is almost over. Just went way to fast, but only working 2 days this week, so hopefully they will go well. And quick work days, lol!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.