Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday

It's been such a busy day today. I can't believe I was up at 7am, but I was, lol. It's been a very long time since I've been up that early, lol! The oldest had graduation practice at 8am. I took him and one of his friends. They were supposed to have a bbq after the practice, but it was cancelled because of the rain. I think they could have at least had the bbg, just moved it inside for them to eat. We've been getting showers on and off all day. The temp is about 72, last I heard. But, the humidity is in the 60's so it's warm, but since there's really not much sun, it's not to bad. Yesterday was a really humid and warm day. I didn 't want to do anything, but I did all the food shopping and other things on my list for that day.

So as of now, my list of things to do is looking pretty good. Work had the nerve to call and beg me to cover a few hours tonight. I said no and I don't feel bad about it either, lol. I just finished getting all the food ready. Everything is cooked and cut. Tomorrow I have to put the dressings and whatnot on it after we get home. I have two hot Indian dishes to make and I'm thinking I'll make them and just put them in the fridge over night. That way, when I get home from church, I can just heat them up. I also have chicken to thaw and marinate tomorrow.

I went shopping yesterday for the party food and the few things we need for the week. Now, I went over the list of food for the party with hubby. He just nodded ok to everything. Today, as I'm making the food, he asks me if I'm making cole slaw. Um, no. He wants to know why not. It's not on the list and you never said anything until now, after I did all the shopping yesterday. Then he asked if I got chicken legs for the bbq. Again, no. I told him I was going to get either chicken breasts or thighs. He agreed and never said he wanted chicken legs. So, hubby got a list to take to work with him, lol. I also made him do the deposit and mail all the bills. These are things he never does. He always gives me the orders and walks out the door. Well, this time it was his turn, lol.

None of the boys are coming anywhere near me right now. Every time they do I tell them something that needs to be done and they're not liking it. Oh well, I'm only one person!

I have a few more things that need to be done for tonight, but for now I need to sit. I've been in the kitchen making food since about 11am. My legs hurt and I'm tired, lol.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.