The oldest came home today with all the info for graduation. Wow, that's a lot! So many things going on in the next few weeks, I felt exhausted just reading the papers, lol. One thing I'm thankful for is that he actually gave me the paper the day he got it, not weeks after. He's been known to do that. The actual last day of school is on the 15th. From then until the 25 it's exams and regents. The oldest only has two days of exams and the youngest one day. The oldest does have to be in school for a few hours on the 25th, and 26th for graduation things. Since my parents decided not to come for the oldest's graduation, I think I will only be taking the 25th and 26th off. If I'm around I can better stay on top of things if I catch him as he walks in the door. Since we are only getting 6 tickets for graduation, we decided to have a party for all the people we want to invite but don't have tickets for. I'm thinking of having the party on Sunday afternoon. It will give me a chance to catch my breath a little. I'll take the weekend to make plans and get invitations together and out.
Speaking of the weekend. Hubby has an uncle, the one who lived with us for a while. For the past 2 weeks his family, in India, has been calling hubby because no one has heard from this guy. He was working for the family but, something happened and he got let go. His wife refuses to take him back. The whole family, except hubby, is mad at him again and wants nothing to do with him. This is a real sore spot between hubby and me because I am siding with his family on this one. Hubby, however, will bend over backwards to do what he can for him. So, last week hubby wanted to go to the town he was living in and see if he could find someone who might know where he is. His family seemed to think he was in the hospital. So, instead of searching a town, I called the hospital in the town he was living in to see if he was there. He's not. While this guy was living with us he was going to court for a dwi and had lost his license. He was given probation and a fine. About 5 months later he get his licence back. Hubby and I both thought maybe he was in jail. I told hubby that since he was on probation and if he got caught drunk driving again, he would go right to jail to do the time. Well, we have a friend who works for corrections so hubby asked him to check if he was there. The friend checked 3 jails and his name didn't come up. So, again hubby wants to search this town to see if he can find his guy. I got the number of the place where he was working and hubby called and talked to the guy he worked with. He is in jail. He didn't want anyone to know where he was, that was why this guy didn't contact anyone. Now hubby wants to go this weekend to see him. Personal feelings for this guy aside, I think hubby should just stay home and get his sleep. If this guy wanted hubby, or anyone for that matter to visit him, he would have told his friend who to contact. He didn't. This will be another day, if we go, of driving in circles not knowing where we are going. I don't know the area and neither does hubby and he's not known for getting good directions. I want hubby to get as much info as possible before we go. Nothing like going and finding out visiting hours are over. I'm so not looking forward to the weekend and making this trip. But, the good thing about this is we finally know where he is. I don't think it was right of him to put his parents through all this, or anyone else. But, whenever anyone has a problem, they always drop it at hubby's feet to take care of for them. It gets old after a while.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Last day
- Glad it's over............
- Friday
- Thought wrong.............
- Such a pretty day.......................
- tiring weekend
- Much better day
- Geez, everyone left in a hurry!
- Wednesday
- Nice day
- It's going to be one of those days...........
- The weekend is here!!
- Finally, some rain
- New beginnings
- Beautiful day
- Blue mood for a Friday
- Feeling bombarded
- Dragging like it's a Monday
- Don't know where the time has gone
-
▼
June
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

2 comments:
Next year we go through the graduation thing again. kudos to your son for not waiting before he gave you the papers. :) Mine would have waited a week or so. Sorry that you are still having to deal with the uncle. I agree that you should have more infor before you go.
sorry to hear about the uncle episode. let himcool his heel in the slammer to dry out.
must be a weird guy that 's why his folks all abandoned him.
Glad you got a nice dress maddie.
70* is cool for us.
Post a Comment