Friday, June 5, 2009

Blue mood for a Friday

Usually come Friday I'm ecstatic. Not this Friday. Work went fast, came home and managed to get on hubby's nerves. Not intentionally. I realize now hubby is stressed over his uncle being in jail. Oh well, not a lot you can do about it. I will know tonight if he's going tomorrow or not. He said something about having to get permission or something to come see his uncle. I don't know. I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. So after hubby jumped on me I just went off and started my house cleaning. Didn't say a word. He knew I was upset, but he's thinking for the wrong reasons. He came back in the house and asked me if I wanted him to ask someone to take him to see his uncle. Totally clueless! Not even close to the reason why I'm upset. I might pay him a visit later, in person, and tell him why I'm upset.

To make myself feel better I took myself shopping. Why is it when you want to buy something, you can't find anything?? I did go and get the stuff for the oldest graduation party. So glad I went to dollar tree first. They had tons of stuff, everything I needed. I was going to try walmart first, but then I remembered how hot walmart always is so dollar tree it was. Of course, I also decided to look for a dress for his graduation. I want something made out of cotton, or at least something that will be cool. No such luck, everything knit or polyester or some other kind of hot, hot fabric. I saw a lot of things that were nice, but I figured if I'm buying a new dress, I at least want to wear it to church to. Everything, and I mean everything, was just cut way to low for church. I have a no cleavage rule for things I wear to church. I did venture into walmart anyway. Boy was it hot in there! I was sweating just standing in the checkout line! The temp is only about 70 here today and cloudy. But, I did find a melon colored knit dress I can wear for his party. Unless it's humid that day. I tried it on and it fits great. Who would have thought. I was in Fashion Bug and I picked up some cute tops. They were marked down and buying them made me feel better. I grabbed the two of them because they were cotton and the fit is really cute. As for the graduation dress, well, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make myself something. One thing I noticed when trying on dresses. They just never fit right. If it fits nice in one place, it gaps in another. UGH! If I make it myself, at least it will fit in all the right places. I found a pattern, now just have to make sure I have fabric.

So my weekend is open. I don't have anything really planned, except to get the invitations done. That I can do tonight. Maybe it will be nice to stay home on a weekend for a change.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.