Today was my last day at my current case. Feels good to know I don't have to go back there. No more brat child, no screaming, no cursing and no listening to her and the boyfriend in the bedroom, eeeeewwwwwwwwwww! But, at the same time, I suddenly have all this free time and not sure what I want to do with it. And, then there's the fact that I won't be making much, if any money, so no more taking myself shopping just because I feel like it. Guess that will be a good thing to teach myself though, live on less money.
I got a call today that the case I was supposed to do over the summer isn't happening until the end of July. So I have 3 weeks to fill. Could paint, but not feeling energetic enough to really start that, and the oldest is working all day now, so my main furniture mover is gone. At this point not sure how long the summer case is really going to be. I've worked with the woman who's doing the case now. She works crazy hours. When I worked with her, when I first started, she was working 16 hour days, 5 days a week. In all the time I was with her, she only took a week or maybe two off. That explains the 2 months off down to, I believe, 6 weeks. I'm not holding my breath though. I'll just plan on bouncing around for the summer. I have been thinking since I'll have this time to try and finish my course I started. I haven't done much with it lately and I'm looking at transferring, possibly in January to a different school. This school offers two 8-week courses and one 17 week course online. I'm thinking the 17 week course. That's if I get myself moving and motivated. Now, lol!
The oldest seems to be ok at his job. I explained and explained to him that he has to keep this job for many reasons. But, the main ones is because it's giving him experience and a future work reference. Told him I didn't want to hear about it being hard work and to hot outside and whatnot. We went out today to get him and thermos and a larger bag for his lunch. He was telling me he's thinking about putting the military off for a while and working with this guy. Can't tell you how glad I was to hear that! We were talking about him maybe staying with this guy for a year and then looking into working for the road department with either the county or state. He's mentioned that before because he knows someone who works for the road dept for the state. I have to check to see what they take, I'm thinking maybe you have to pass the civil service test, not sure. But maybe he can go back to school next year and work on passing or getting what he needs for that kind of job. Anything is better than the military. He did mention the reserves, which I can handle much better. But, he's 18 and he's confused so maybe a different environment will help him decide. He still has time.
Oh yeah, before I forget. The Indian food I made for the graduation party was Tandoori chicken, rice with curry veggies and chickpea curry. Must have been good because there were no leftovers, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Last day
- Glad it's over............
- Friday
- Thought wrong.............
- Such a pretty day.......................
- tiring weekend
- Much better day
- Geez, everyone left in a hurry!
- Wednesday
- Nice day
- It's going to be one of those days...........
- The weekend is here!!
- Finally, some rain
- New beginnings
- Beautiful day
- Blue mood for a Friday
- Feeling bombarded
- Dragging like it's a Monday
- Don't know where the time has gone
-
▼
June
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment