Today was such a nice day. Sunny and comfortable. This past week has been a lot of clouds and showers. It did rain late yesterday afternoon, which made it much cooler. It was rather warm and on the humid side. But today, just gorgeous.
Hubby took me out to do my birthday shopping. There really wasn't anything specific I wanted. Well, there was, but I knew I wasn't getting it. What I really wanted was a wooden gazebo. A neighbor of his cousins has one, but it's long in length, kind of rectangular. There's enough room inside it to put wicker furniture. It's really nice, I like it. But I want hubby and the boys to build me one like that, but hubby says they are hard to make. Um, what about your carpenter friends?? Anyway, I want mine to have built in window boxes all around the outside. Maybe next year. At least the thought is in his head and I'll get it, eventually. The year before we bought one of those metal gazebos. It lasted a total of one week before a nasty storm blew through here and bent and broke the metal pieces for it. That was quite an expensive lesson. I honestly believe that when those strong storms come through, especially if they are hitting the field first, they pick up speed as they come through. Seems like me and the neighbor have a wind tunnel between our houses that just sucks the winds through, lol. So, since I wanted some shade over where we bbq I went and bought a cheap gazebo in April. Would you believe that cheap, flimsy thing is still standing??
We got hubby's tools he's been wanting while we were out. He's been looking at combination drill/screwdriver. I'm glad I waited because I almost bought him one, but it wouldn't have been what he wanted. He wanted an electric one. I would have gone for the rechargeable. But, he got that and a bit and driver set to so hubby's a happy camper right now, lol. I have put away some shirts and a pocket tool thingie. It's one of those tools that turns into like five more or something. I don't know, I just saw it and knew he would like it. So he will get that on father's day next week.
Well, I need to relax a little. Shopping with hubby was one of those lets hit all the stores days. He must have been in the mood to shop. I really wasn't, which is unusual, lol. I'm tired and my eyes just burn like crazy today!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Last day
- Glad it's over............
- Friday
- Thought wrong.............
- Such a pretty day.......................
- tiring weekend
- Much better day
- Geez, everyone left in a hurry!
- Wednesday
- Nice day
- It's going to be one of those days...........
- The weekend is here!!
- Finally, some rain
- New beginnings
- Beautiful day
- Blue mood for a Friday
- Feeling bombarded
- Dragging like it's a Monday
- Don't know where the time has gone
-
▼
June
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment