Bed was my friend this morning. I did not want to get out of it. Especially to go to work, lol. Had a very hard time falling asleep last night, was way to late when I finally did. Then, of course, hubby crawls in and, snore, man all night long!! He either was really tired or the pollen is starting to get to him to. I'm going to benadryl his butt tonight if he starts again. When I finally got out of bed, my eyes were all puffy and icky. I did the caffeine thing this morning, instead of a pill because I never would have gotten anything done at work otherwise. Went outside to get in my car and it's covered in pollen. So, I decided to give myself a break and turned the air on to drive to work. I normally don't do this, but I was sniffling and still sneezing when I left. I wanted to hold my breath as I was walking outside, lol.
Yesterday when we were in town I noticed the health food store is finally open. About, probably 2 years ago it caught fire and has been closed since. There were signs in the front saying it was going to open soon, but after a while you just get used to seeing them. If I go over the weekend that will give me time to check in my herbal book about what to use for allergies. I'm already at my wits end, but not desperate enough to use what the doc gave me. I know, why put myself through all that if I don't have to. I'm one of those people who if I have to take a med for something, I prefer the older stuff. Stuff that's been around for ages. Supposedly, the newer stuff works faster and is better, but, I just don't feel the newer stuff has been tested well enough. Strange view from someone who works in the health care field. Way to many times, recalls on meds come out after they have been on the market for a while because after years of use, the effects of people using them are known. I had gone to the doc, years ago, and was given a new med for my allergies. Didn't trust it so I didn't take it. About a year after that, it was pulled from the market because of it causing heart attacks in people who were using it. That just reinforced my belief that older is usually better.
Work was uneventful. I'm actually glad, because I was tired. Today I was glad the windows were all closed. It's in the mid 70's here, but I needed the relief this morning. The woman who does the scheduling called me to confirm my last day there. She still doesn't have anything else for me. That scares me, probably because I can't remember the last time I didn't work. Jobs in my area are scarce, even the boys can't find one. I keep telling myself to put in in God's hands because the right job will come along at the right time. I just don't know how hubby is going to handle my not working for a while if it comes down to that.
I can't believe it's already June. The boys are basically done on the 15th. They have to go back and take a few exams, but for the most part, the will be home all the time after that. The oldest graduates this year. I can't believe it. I've been thinking about trying to get my parents here for his graduation. Of course, that's a lot of planning on my part. Hubby's ok with it. I figured he would be, he doesn't have to make any of the trips, I do. I called them and left them a message about it, but haven't heard back from them yet. I need to know by Friday so I can get the time off. I've decided if I do this that I'm not going to rush it. It's a 7 hour drive each way, so one day to get there and one day to get back. But, I need to be back in time to make sure the oldest has everything he might need. The day before graduation is the senior breakfast and picnic. Graduation in on a Saturday, so I was thinking of driving back the Monday after and coming back home on Tuesday. Or maybe Wednesday, since I might not have a steady job after that. I'm willing to sit through the summer, but I definitely want something by September. Plus I'll be starting my class again in September. Hopefully, I'll be done by this time next year, and then I can go on from there.
Well, I need to catch up on some journals. Haven't been to many at all lately. Then I have some reading to do. We have been going through the book of Genesis in Bible study. We've been working on it for 3 weeks now and have only done the first two verses in chapter one. But, it's interesting and through. I just really wish hubby could be there. He would get so much out of it.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Last day
- Glad it's over............
- Friday
- Thought wrong.............
- Such a pretty day.......................
- tiring weekend
- Much better day
- Geez, everyone left in a hurry!
- Wednesday
- Nice day
- It's going to be one of those days...........
- The weekend is here!!
- Finally, some rain
- New beginnings
- Beautiful day
- Blue mood for a Friday
- Feeling bombarded
- Dragging like it's a Monday
- Don't know where the time has gone
-
▼
June
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
Hope you are rested and feeling better Maddie. Pollen allergies can really be bad.
Is your son graduating in a place far from where you live?
Post a Comment