Monday, June 29, 2009

Glad it's over............

Well, it's official. The oldest is done school. He is officially "graduated, lol" I posted some of the graduation pics on facebook.

I spent Friday and Saturday cooking food and cleaning the house. I'm glad I worked it that way because on Sunday all I really had to do was cook the Indian dishes. Everything else was basically done.

So, Saturday I had to have the oldest at the school by 10:15 am. The parking lot was already packed, so I dropped him and wanted to go home and get hubby and the youngest and leave. Hubby, as usual, was hungover and moving slow. Graduation started at 11 am. We left the house at 10:55 am. ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have to admit our parking space was a good one, right off the front sidewalk. It was, however, a long, long, long, walk to the auditorium in the school. And it was hot! We get inside and there are lines to go inside. I was surprised at this since we were late. We live less than 5 minutes from the school, but still, I thought we wouldn't have a line to deal with. Anyway, we get the programs and they tell us if there's no seating downstairs, we can go upstairs. Ok, no seats that I can see downstairs, so we climb the stairs to go up into the balcony. I knew it was bad when I hit a line on the steps, lol. No seats up there either. One of the parents was really complaining, and I can't blame her. The thing that got me was people had seats reserved for other people. Ok, fine. BUT..................if the ceremony has already started and your reserved seats are empty, then you need to give them to the people, crowds of people, who are standing. I took notice of those still empty seats just before the ceremony ended. So, from the balcony I decided to record the kids coming in. It was ok, I was upfront and no heads in the way. But, for picture taking, it just wasn 't working for me. So, since I didn't have a seat I left my stuff with hubby and went downstairs with the youngest to try and get some good pics. In the back of the auditorium, there are folding chairs set up for extra seating. I was eyeing them, lol. But, while I was standing I noticed some empty seats in the front. Checked and they weren't reserved or being held. There were only 2 but me and the youngest climbed over people to sit. It ended up being a great seat. I was close enough to get some good pics, except for the man sitting in front of me. Got some great shots of the back of his head too, lol. But, I was right under the ac vent, so it worked for me, lol. The actual ceremony was almost 2 hours long. I can't imagine standing for all that time. Hubby stayed up in the balcony, standing the whole time! Oh well, it's what he gets for making me late! I did think about him after I sat down, since there were 2 empty seats in front of me as well, but since we climbed over 3 people to get in the seats, I didn't want to inconvenience them again by having the youngest go back out to get hubby and then back in again.

After graduation the oldest went to a friends party for most of the day. Sunday was his party. That way, other kids could go to party's on Saturday. I was expecting 19 people for the party. Eleven came. Not to bad. I did feel bad for the oldest since none of his friends came. The party he went to none of that kids friends came either. But the kid did text the oldest saying he was working and probably wouldn't be done until about 8 pm or so. The party was nice, but boy do I have the food left over, lol! Seems like tons and tons, lol. A lot of the burgers and stuff I froze last night so all I have to deal with today is the salads. Going to take them out of the containers and put them in bags. My fridge is stuffed, lol. Did all the cleanup outside last night to.

So today I'm not doing much of anything. I'm so tired, lol! I need things to get back to normal now. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off for the rest of the week. Sort of like a short vacation. Then back to work after the fourth. The oldest, started his new job today. Reality for him, lol. He's going to be working with a friend of ours who has his own construction company. I told the oldest that he has to keep this job, no complaining about the work being hard, or not wanting to do it. It's a job and he has to keep it. No. Matter. What. He packed his lunch last night and was up when I got up to check, so we'll see what happens. He wasn't happy with me but, that's the reality of life. I complain a lot about my job, but I still have it.

Well, the never ending cycle of laundry is call my name. Again, lol.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Congratulations to your son.

Sorry about the house-full, but at least you got a seat.

What Indian food did you prepare?

Seems like you have lots of left over, so you don 't haVE to cook for a few days.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.