Friday, June 12, 2009

The weekend is here!!

I'm so happy that this week is done. I'm actually even more happy that I made it through today! I had to work longer today. I really didn't want to but did it anyway. Next week is a 3 day work week so I'm hoping it will go as well as today did.

Our kids are basically done school here. The high school kids anyway. My kids went to school because there were things going on in school they wanted to do. Imagine my surprise when the brat child came walking in the door, with boyfriend to tow, at 11:15 this morning. I'm groaning, thinking what a long day this was going to be, but it wasn't. The boyfriend kept her occupied for a short time. Then, when he had to leave, she occupied herself until he got home and called her. She was still on the phone when I left. No wonder the cordless phones are never charged, she's on the phone for hours at a time. At least she was quiet. I've been wondering just what the attraction is between the two of them. She's 14 and he's 18. Well, I found out today. He's just as immature as she is, and she's his first girlfriend. Explains a lot.

Since I worked late, I didn't get to see hubby at all today. I even asked hubby if he had plans for today since it's my birthday, and he said no and to go ahead and work if I wanted to. So, I'm thinking the man forgot. When I got home there was a card and red roses on the table waiting for me :) I called him to thank him and asked him when he got the stuff. He said Wednesday. So I wanted to know why he didn't tell me last night he remembered my birthday. He said he knew if he played dumb I would think he forgot and then the card and roses world be a real surprise. Especially since I worked all day with the brat child, lol. I guess he could not have planned it better if he had tried!

I was really looking forward to a quiet peaceful night. Not!! The boys have no youth group tonight so I have them home with me. I'm just going to stay in and pay the bills and start on my dress for the graduation. I haven't done anything on it at all. I'm going to try to have it all pinned and cut out by the end of the weekend. It's pretty simple, except it has a zipper up the back. I haven't put a zipper in for a long time. This should be interesting.

Well, time to eat. For some reason I'm really hungry!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Happy birthday Madison

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.