
Bitterly cold and very windy here today. The wind chills made it feel colder than it really was.
Got home from work and decided I wasn't tackling the long list of errands I had to do. Would save the running in town for the weekend. Since Sunday we are having a pot luck after the service, I decided I would shop local for just what I needed for that. And hit the bank and post office while out. Well, got home and the boys were working on rearranging the sun room and living room. Decided to help them by vacuuming before they put the furniture back because that part is lost on them. I decided to put the new sofa in the living room because it went in that room better than the one we have in there now. Took the living room sofa in the sun room. The boys were in the process of bringing the new sofa in the living room when all of a sudden the oldest starts screaming. I thought maybe he dropped the sofa on his foot or something. There was a bag of finishing nails on the floor by the boot rack that nobody moved. Didn't really think much if it actually. Well, he managed to step on one. Got it in the back part of his heel. I'm trying to find it because it went in through his jeans and sock. He's screaming like crazy which is just making me panic. So, I called hubby and told him I needed him home now and I'm taking H to the ER. He had me so upset with his screaming I just went blank, like I didn't know what to do. Hubby shows up as I'm getting H out the door and I'm trying to explain and get H in the car. Hubby was just as scared as I was because he was pale. He did go with me which I'm so glad he did because I probably would have lost it on the way there. All I kept telling myself was he's not bleeding, not pale, and no pain. These are all good signs. For the first time ever, we were in and out of the ER within an hour. It was just the tip of the nail that went in and the PA just pulled it out. She asked H if he wanted 3 needles to numb it or just to give it a good pull. He said just yank and she did. He was so busy talking to me he didn't know she did it. When we saw it wasn't deep hubby was like we could have done it at home, but you just never know. It's a puncture wound after all. So he has to stay off his foot for the next day or two, so no Christmas shopping for him this weekend. Maybe next weekend. I thought I was tired before, well, I'm exhausted now! The kid pulls out his cell phone and tells me to take a pic of his heel, and "to make it a good one." I'm sure that's been plastered all over his myspace and facebook page, lol!
Went to knit last night. Last one until the end of January. Got there late so it just didn't feel like I got enough time in. Hubby calls me 30 minutes before I have to leave and tells me we have to go and get the new sofa now. I'm like NOW? He says it will only take a few minutes. Oh well, it's done and I can do what I need to do this weekend. Was hoping for nothing, not to be. But, I can spend the rest of the night snuggled on the sofa with my knitting, lol!!
No comments:
Post a Comment